Strap Suggestions for Black JeanRichard Aquascope
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sasropakis
  • 1 Post By Nokie
  • 1 Post By defyextreme

Thread: Strap Suggestions for Black JeanRichard Aquascope

Strap Suggestions for Black JeanRichard Aquascope

I just picked up an Aquascope secondhand, and it comes with a rubber strap and deployment clasp. I like the original strap, but would appreciate some other strap suggestions to mix it up a bit. Maybe a vintage black horween, like the one in the second picture from B and R Bands? Thanks for any suggestions.

Name:  JR224.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  bandr.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  159.9 KB

Re: Strap Suggestions for Black JeanRichard Aquascope

What's the lug width? Looks rather wide which might limit the options. The vintage style strap on the second picture would probably look great. And strap with "full" stitching in white could work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasropakis View Post
    What's the lug width? Looks rather wide which might limit the options. The vintage style strap on the second picture would probably look great. And strap with "full" stitching in white could work too.
    Thanks. The width is 25mm, which is a lug width I've never had on a watch before. You're right, that definitely might limit the options. I may need to go custom for some looks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If that were my watch, I'd probably be looking for a mesh bracelet. I'm just not sure if those short lugs would allow enough clearance.

25mm really limits the options so you should probably go for custom. The lugs look rather short so a very thick strap wouldn't likely fit. Finwatchstraps offer some designs which might go with your watch and they make 25mm straps: https://finwatchstraps.fi/collections/25-mm
    VaEagle likes this.

VaEagle likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

It's funny sometimes the things you don't think about when making a purchase...

"If that were my watch, I'd probably be looking for a mesh bracelet. I'm just not sure if those short lugs would allow enough clearance."

"25mm really limits the options so you should probably go for custom. The lugs look rather short so a very thick strap wouldn't likely fit."

All good points that didn't even cross my mind before. Fortunately, I like the OEM rubber strap.

Hello there,

I would suggest Corrigia straps...they are like nothing else, believe me, all vintage look. Not the cheapest, but they always have sales on different models and you can get some around $100-150 on sale, most often, especially since on top of the sale, they shave off an extra 20% VAT tax, as well (they are in Germany).

Gunny straps are also very very nice, same as Dangerousninestraps...I have a few from all of them, on many watches, all chunky divers, or big watches, anyway.
    I have a Hokusai, as well as other two Aquascopes (a Mellon Boat and a blue one) and never had time to order straps for the last two (the Mellon even came with a stupid white rubber strap:) but I got one for the Hokusai from Corrigia or Dangerous, don't remember, and looks killer (it's a dark blue faded thick vintage look), much much better than originals - which are not bad, though, they are quality comfy rubber, but way too thin for my taste. BTW, JR has a strap that's looking like leather, but it's rubber, in fact - that's actually nice.

The 25 mm, I'd say is a plus, not a minus, because there are many amazing custom straps in those sizes (up to 28mm:) targeted for the Panerai and likes. Get a 26mm and will squeeze for the 25mm. The Aquascope is not very thick, but it is a thick enough case to accommodate any custom strap.

A canvas strap also will look extremely nice on that -Gunny has the best canvas, in my opinion...they actually have a faded black canvas of very high quality...

Gunny and D9 will make you any odd size, anyway, but Corrigia need to be asked very nicely to do that, usually, since they stick with 22/24/26/28 popular even sizes. But, again, a 26 will fit fine for the 25mm...I tried to fit a 24mm on a JR long time ago and looked 'empty', so don't even try :)
    since your dial is black, your options from the guys I mentioned above, are practically almost endless...only very few straps will look out of place on your watch.
    Good luck!
    VaEagle likes this.

Thread Information