Strap suggestions please
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Wolfman53
  • 1 Post By Earthjade

Thread: Strap suggestions please

Strap suggestions please

I am looking for a new strap for my Zenith el Primero chronomaster 1969 Blue dial.
    I didn't like the Blue crocodile it came on as I felt it was too thin and with the deployant it wore too large. Also wasn't keen on the gloss finish and texture for this watch.
    I just tried it on a milanese mesh but couldn't find a decent one 19mm wide. So now I am thinking rally style hand made strap, but I am hopeless with colours, so need your help!
    I was thinking possibly a grey with red cross stitch at lug end. Or should I go brown with blue stitch. Or maybe a Blue with Red stitch.
    Your advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.

Re: Strap suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman53 View Post
    I am looking for a new strap for my Zenith el Primero chronomaster 1969 Blue dial.
    I didn't like the Blue crocodile it came on as I felt it was too thin and with the deployant it wore too large. Also wasn't keen on the gloss finish and texture for this watch.
    I just tried it on a milanese mesh but couldn't find a decent one 19mm wide. So now I am thinking rally style hand made strap, but I am hopeless with colours, so need your help!
    I was thinking possibly a grey with red cross stitch at lug end. Or should I go brown with blue stitch. Or maybe a Blue with Red stitch.
    Your advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

Barton makes a rubber quick change strap in blue with a red underside that matches those colors. I think it would look really cool for when you want a casual sports look.Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  50.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wolf, have you thought about putting a blue mock crock on it that is a little more chunky than the real thing was?

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I have found the following at Watchgecko. All are 20mm but would hopefully squeeze in with the curved spring bars.
    I am quite partial to the Dark Grey with Red stitching.

I like the rally strap, you could go with a nice padded leather or crock which would give it some thickness. But, i ll say it before someone else, it would look great on a blue and red NATO

Name:  900_1.png
Views: 42
Size:  223.1 KB
    Al Faromeo likes this.
    "So if, nothwithstanding the association with conspicuous consumption, owning a mechanical watch really makes you happy, then fine, buy that $500 microbrand, or even the $1500 Longines. I'd find it hard to justify going above that" ​
    - Professor Peter Singer to the watchuseek forums re: the ethics of watch collecting

Buy a blue rally strap and a grey rally strap. Now have the buckle part be blue and the other part be grey. Yes a little mismatched but why not go for a unique look.

for my 19mm watches, I bought some super cheap suede style straps from Ebay, which I actually think look pretty good. Kind of like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine....c100010.m2109

I definitely prefer the nubuck/suede texture over glossy finished straps.

Say what you will about the quality and questionable pricing from China, but 19mm is definitely harder to find, and I found Ebay a decent source for 19mm straps.

Thread Information