Suggestions for a dress watch band: Dark Brown leather, 22mm lugs, under $100

Thread: Suggestions for a dress watch band: Dark Brown leather, 22mm lugs, under $100

Question Suggestions for a dress watch band: Dark Brown leather, 22mm lugs, under $100

I originally posted this in the wrong forum so let me try again in the right one...

I just purchased a Hamilton Intra-Matic for dressy occasions. I much prefer (dark) brown to black leather so I need ideas for a good replacement watch band. Unfortunately I have no idea where to start - a Google search results in an avalanche of results.

My search criteria are in the subject. Optional is fastener type: buckles and keepers are fine, but I like deployant clasps too. Regardless, I'd like it be polished steel to match the watch casing.

The padding should be minimal. The toss-up is if I want a simple pebble grain, like that on the original Hamilton band, or a croco/gator pattern.

Two candidates I've found are the Diamond Calf and LORD from Hirsch. The Diamond Calf is the closest match I could find to the original one (which, again, is a nice dressy band), but in the color I like. The LORD has nice gator pattern and a cool integrated buckle.

(Unfortunately I can find neither one on a WUS-sponsor site.)

Which one should I pick? Are there others to consider?

Re: Suggestions for a dress watch band: Dark Brown leather, 22mm lugs, under $100

Congrats on the Hamilton. Beautiful watch.

Strap choice is a bit of a nightmare more often than not - but at least you've decided on the colour. Now you have to decide plain or patterned? seam or no seam? My preference, if it's any help, would be for a non-textured strap with seam (no contrast stitching unless it's subtle). The Intra-matic is clean and simple and the strap should be too (IMO).

I think you're on the right track, though. Hirsch is my fave maker for top class affordable straps. You won't do better for the price. Personally, I'd be looking at the Merino (soft nappa leather) or the Osiris.

Re: Suggestions for a dress watch band: Dark Brown leather, 22mm lugs, under $100

I love the Merino but I'm worried at the 22mm version is 3.6mm thick, 1.1 more than the Diamond Calf. As a noob, I have to ask, is that too padded for a dress watch?

The Osiris is beautiful but the shade of brown has a little too much red in it (relative to the others) for my taste.

PS: Scratch the LORD strap from the list. The original Hamilton strap I just bought from BrentYYC looks just like it, except for the clasp.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have your tried panatime.com, watchbandcenter.com, strapcode.com, globalwatchband.com, or sirtoli.com, as other suggestions?
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

My wife, formerly employed in a fashion-advising capacity, agreed that the dark brown Merino was the way to go. I ordered one with silver buckle directly from Hirsch (via WatchObsession), which was the only way to get this strap in this size and color without going to the 'Bay.

Good call on the Merino. Great color, minimal padding, subtle stitching, and a sublime texture. The buckle matches the case perfectly, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man, this piece would definitely deserve some nice honey brown alligator strap, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mollari 2261 View Post
    Good call on the Merino. Great color, minimal padding, subtle stitching, and a sublime texture. The buckle matches the case perfectly, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information