Suggestions for Seiko Presage and a vintage Doxa?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JesterIzDead
  • 1 Post By ChronoTraveler

Thread: Suggestions for Seiko Presage and a vintage Doxa?

Suggestions for Seiko Presage and a vintage Doxa?

I'm looking for straps for two pieces I bought recently. The first one is this Seiko Presage SSAJ3901J - I got it on bracelet, but I was initially thinking in a strap like this with 20mm:

Obviously, I'm open to new ideas. :)

The second one is a vintage Doxa. This is a very traditional/classic piece, with white dial and golden numbers.

Name:  Doxa.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  76.2 KB

I got it on a greyish white strap, 18mm, that in my opinion doesn't look good.

So, what do you guys think? If you can suggest any pieces from specific sellers, I'd be very grateful.

Banned

Re: Suggestions for Seiko Presage and a vintage Doxa?

For the Seiko, if you want a strap like one in the picture that hides the space between the case and strap, you might have to go with the actual Seiko strap for that model; otherwise, that space will be visible. I assume it's leather faux croc. If that's actual croc, it'll probably be pricey. It looks well-made, though.

As for the Doxa, I just picked up a brown lizard skin strap with copper colored stitching from Panatime that would look awesome on that watch. It's US$65 for the 20mm. The 18mm may be slightly cheaper. Even if not, that's a great price for a well made exotic. They also have leather and other exotics in many color options. I also have a "carbon fiber" strap and a python strap from them and they are all great quality at a great price. Check em out!
    ChronoTraveler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterIzDead View Post
    For the Seiko, if you want a strap like one in the picture that hides the space between the case and strap, you might have to go with the actual Seiko strap for that model; otherwise, that space will be visible. I assume it's leather faux croc. If that's actual croc, it'll probably be pricey. It looks well-made, though.

As for the Doxa, I just picked up a brown lizard skin strap with copper colored stitching from Panatime that would look awesome on that watch. It's US$65 for the 20mm. The 18mm may be slightly cheaper. Even if not, that's a great price for a well made exotic. They also have leather and other exotics in many color options. I also have a "carbon fiber" strap and a python strap from them and they are all great quality at a great price. Check em out!
    It's impossible to find that Seiko strap, unfortunately. But I'm OK with the gap on the case - I actually like it, I'm not really a fan of curved leather straps.

The Panatime you mentioned looks very nice. The stitching compliments the numbers' colors. I will certainly consider that one. Thanks a lot!
    JesterIzDead likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

"Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks for that, Nokie, but my problem is exactly the sheer amount of options out there (and a limited budget!).

Thread Information