suggestions on a watch i have (pics as i can't ID it...)

Thread: suggestions on a watch i have (pics as i can't ID it...)

suggestions on a watch i have (pics as i can't ID it...)

http://puu.sh/7nga5.jpg
    that's the watch. model name is ????, lug size is ????, value is ????, movement is ????, everything about this watch is a bloody mystery to me. anywhoo, straps are made in multiple sizes anyway, so just looking for a brand and make recommendation. looking for a leather strap, Grand Seiko style in looks (but not in price, not dropping that much on the thing) Grand Seiko original Crocodile strap Black/ 19mm/ | seiyajapan.com for a picture of the style of strap i'm looking for. any reasonably durable straps that have a similar look for about 40 USD? straps fell off the damn thing moments after it stopped ticking so i'm not too sure about its quality. but it has a design i can't find anywhere else and it holds sentimental value to me.
    thanks, and hope to hear your opinions. open to other styles if you disagree.

Re: suggestions on a watch i have (pics as i can't ID it...)

Quote Originally Posted by TooPoorForThis View Post
    http://puu.sh/7nga5.jpg
    that's the watch. model name is ????, lug size is ????, value is ????, movement is ????, everything about this watch is a bloody mystery to me. anywhoo, straps are made in multiple sizes anyway, so just looking for a brand and make recommendation. looking for a leather strap, Grand Seiko style in looks (but not in price, not dropping that much on the thing) Grand Seiko original Crocodile strap Black/ 19mm/ | seiyajapan.com for a picture of the style of strap i'm looking for. any reasonably durable straps that have a similar look for about 40 USD? straps fell off the damn thing moments after it stopped ticking so i'm not too sure about its quality. but it has a design i can't find anywhere else and it holds sentimental value to me.
    thanks, and hope to hear your opinions. open to other styles if you disagree.
    i'm sorry to say but a $40 strap would be probably more than double the value of the watch -[advise just a cheap nato ] no doubt a quartz so you need a fresh battery by the sound of it

i'm sorry to say but a $40 strap would be probably more than double the value of the watch -[advise just a cheap nato ] no doubt a quartz so you need a fresh battery by the sound of it
    I agree.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

preface: long-winded post alert! you have been warned!

you are most likely - certainly, even - one hundred percent correct on the value. BUT, it's a watch i like the style of, and i have sentimental attachment. just going to put my two cents in: if your not allowed to be a fan of a watch you like, even if it's worthless, where's the fun in collecting? it's a good looking watch IMO, and a quartz is a quartz with few exceptions, if it was just the battery then it both is incredibly reliable and has a HELL of a battery (like i said in my first post, kept running for multiple decades in its box before it got given to me, still held decent time to boot) , and a thicker leather strap would make a unique, dressy but casual look. that is, if i have the time to remove the Doc Martens badge
    also, it had its moments. when i saw it for the first time, sitting there neglected, propped up on a corrugated cardboard ring (yeah it's cheap lol) it took me a while to notice but then i couldn't look away. and when i took it to the Jeweler to have a quote on repair/battery replacement and his face lit up like it was Christmas when he saw "By Sekonda" on the battery case. weird, no doubt, but to each their own. i guess that's the point i'm trying to make here. to each their own.
    but seriously, no hard feelings! everyone has different tastes, this was the first watch i refused to take off, and the second ever watch i owned. the thing is OLD. and i want it to always be a part of my collection, regardless of value.

PS, measured it today and it has an 18mm lug, so any purchases for it can be used on my Seiko SNKL23, when i can finally get one over here. so just suggest for that i guess, if you want pics, Google is one higlight-and-right-click away!

/end rambling

Thread Information