Tissot Watch Band,Genuine?

Thread: Tissot Watch Band,Genuine?

Question Tissot Watch Band,Genuine?

First time posting in this Sub-Forum. I picked up this Tissot 1853 band from my watchmaker's grab bag of bands. It appears to be new, not used (there is still a small piece of plastic protection left on it), but has a bit of shelf wear. Is it genuine or an imitation?

Name:  E36.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  63.8 KBName:  E36A.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  64.0 KBName:  E37B.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  91.3 KB

Re: Tissot Watch Band,Genuine?

I can't for the life of me imagine why someone would want to fake something like that, but then I discovered that there was a big market for fake G-Shocks, which I find laughable.

Anyway, I see no reason to suspect it is a fake, but don't quote me on it - both of the Tissot watches I own came with bracelets, so I'm not sure if that is the logo they stamp into leathers.

Measure it - is it 19mm wide as iopposed to 18 or 20mm? I've see a lot of Tissot watches with odd lugs widths like that, so that MAY be a good indication: they wouldn't make a 20mm band for a watch with 19mm lugs.

Re: Tissot Watch Band,Genuine?

Quote Originally Posted by CADstraps View Post
    I can't for the life of me imagine why someone would want to fake something like that, but then I discovered that there was a big market for fake G-Shocks, which I find laughable.

Anyway, I see no reason to suspect it is a fake, but don't quote me on it - both of the Tissot watches I own came with bracelets, so I'm not sure if that is the logo they stamp into leathers.

Measure it - is it 19mm wide as iopposed to 18 or 20mm? I've see a lot of Tissot watches with odd lugs widths like that, so that MAY be a good indication: they wouldn't make a 20mm band for a watch with 19mm lugs.
    It is 19mm wide. The relative weakness of the date concerns me. Hope more will comment. Thank you.

Thread Information