Totally Stressed !
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Nokie
  • 2 Post By CrownAndBuckle
  • 1 Post By jefhihuabi

Thread: Totally Stressed !

Totally Stressed !

Attempting to reinstall stock Seiko bracelet on a Turtle, no luck whatsoever ! Thanks in advance for help !

Re: Totally Stressed !

Try using a spring bar pliers.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Try using a spring bar pliers.
    I have them, but this bracelet has no cut outs for the pliers & the space between the bracelet & lugs is extremely minimal. I wish I new how Seiko does this @ the factory.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Start with the spring bar in the end link, and butt the endlink up to the tips of the lugs. Rocking the endlink every so slightly to one of the sides, slide one end of the spring bar into the lugs. Keep inward pressure on the endlink so that the one tip stays inside the lug (keep in mind it won't be seated yet). Use your spring bar tool to compress the other end into the lug, and then carefully wiggle the endlink a little bit until both ends of the spring bar have seated in their holes.
    larand and phthano like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CrownAndBuckle View Post
    Start with the spring bar in the end link, and butt the endlink up to the tips of the lugs. Rocking the endlink every so slightly to one of the sides, slide one end of the spring bar into the lugs. Keep inward pressure on the endlink so that the one tip stays inside the lug (keep in mind it won't be seated yet). Use your spring bar tool to compress the other end into the lug, and then carefully wiggle the endlink a little bit until both ends of the spring bar have seated in their holes.
    Will give it a try

I had an issue with my Speedmaster where I found out there are different springbars that are meant to be used with the bracelet. The regular springbars that I used with my strap (also Omega OEM) were so long that you had to have one side already in the lughole to be able to fit the springbar between the lugs. The problem is that when installing the bracelet, you typically press down on both ends (using pliers) to fit the springbar between the lugs. But the springbar width even pressen on both sides was actually more than the lug-width.

Long story short: Using some springbars may make this job a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFandango View Post
    I had an issue with my Speedmaster where I found out there are different springbars that are meant to be used with the bracelet. The regular springbars that I used with my strap (also Omega OEM) were so long that you had to have one side already in the lughole to be able to fit the springbar between the lugs. The problem is that when installing the bracelet, you typically press down on both ends (using pliers) to fit the springbar between the lugs. But the springbar width even pressen on both sides was actually more than the lug-width.

Long story short: Using some springbars may make this job a lot harder.
    The spring bars I'm using are the Seiko ones that came with the bracelet, 22 mm width 2.5 mm diameter

A jewelers loupe is great for frustrating tasks like this one.
    CV50 likes this.

Thanks to all for your advice. I was unsuccessful, took it to a jeweler $8 & done !

Thread Information