ToxicNato strap vs others....surprisingly they are not that great! (with pictures!)
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: ToxicNato strap vs others....surprisingly they are not that great! (with pictures!)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

ToxicNato strap vs others....surprisingly they are not that great! (with pictures!)

I got my Khakis ToxicNato today after reading about it. For all my excitement of the strap, I was pretty disappointed when the package arrived today. ToxicNato Hardware is top notch, similar to TimeFactor. However the strap material itself is crappy in my opinion. It's very coarse texture and feel like paper. It's not very thick either. I would say between 1-1.2mm thickness. Without a proper digital measuring tool, I can't verified how thick is the strap but comparing to other makers, they are in par with the no name Ebay strap I bought. Hopefully they change their material. I was sold on the premise that the strap supposed to be high quality..maybe I am wrong but it's definitely not higher end strap for the price I am paying compared to other seller.

I have such a high hope on it...time to try out TimeFactor when I remember to put in an order in Tuesday

Hardware quality - 9/10 (1 point taken because of sharp edges on the metal loop)
    Strap Material - 4/10
    Customer service - 10/10

Price - $18, over priced after what I see on the strap

Here are some pictures comparison with other makers

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 1661
Size:  574.1 KBName:  IMG_9319.JPG
Views: 1589
Size:  509.1 KBName:  IMG_9321.JPG
Views: 1592
Size:  546.6 KBName:  IMG_9324.JPG
Views: 1634
Size:  542.2 KBName:  IMG_9320.JPG
Views: 1605
Size:  776.1 KBName:  IMG_9323.JPG
Views: 1610
Size:  493.7 KB
    Last edited by thewire; June 5th, 2016 at 00:55.

Re: ToxicNato strap vs others....surprisingly they are not that great! (with pictures!)

I felt the same. Hardware is good but the strap isn't much better than Cheapest NATO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: ToxicNato strap vs others....surprisingly they are not that great! (with pictures!)

Quote Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post
    I felt the same. Hardware is good but the strap isn't much better than Cheapest NATO.

Yea so disappointed about it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't know how thick the strap is, but you can tell just by looking at your pictures that the density of the weave on the Toxi is higher than the others. The base fabric was obviously made to a higher specification than the other ones.
    My arms!
    My corduroy pant!

Not really fair to compare a nylon NATO in a close-up against a canvas strap.

I'll completely disagree with your statement about the poor quality fabric. I've had Maratac, C&B premiums, and Gnomon, and the ToxicNato exceeds all of them imo. Personally I love the tight weave they offer.
    whoa, nweash, Spring-Diver and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 59yukon01 View Post
    I'll completely disagree with your statement about the poor quality fabric. I've had Maratac, C&B premiums, and Gnomon, and the ToxicNato exceeds all of them imo. Personally I love the tight weave they offer.
    If look at picture about tight weaving , it has similar as the cheap eBay strap. Picture worth a thousand words

Quote Originally Posted by thewire View Post
    If look at picture about tight weaving , it has similar as the cheap eBay strap. Picture worth a thousand words

Don't need to look at the picture as I've worn them for months, and am more than happy with them. More so than the others I named, and that includes one cheap eBay strap that I didn't mention.

Quote Originally Posted by 59yukon01 View Post
    Don't need to look at the picture as I've worn them for months, and am more than happy with them. More so than the others I named, and that includes one cheap eBay strap that I didn't mention.
    Maybe you have better luck or just the coarse paper strap is better than it looks and feel. But I have spoken with so far 4 ppl they all said the same

Coarse paper strap? Come on dude. ToxicNato straps are pretty nice. Not coarse at all.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information