Using the Omega deployant with a non-Omega strap

Thread: Using the Omega deployant with a non-Omega strap

Using the Omega deployant with a non-Omega strap

I hang out primarily on Omega forums and a common question is whether the Omega deployant will work with straps other than the Omegas. Omega straps can get expensive and are specifically proportioned for use with the Omega deployant.

Early Omega deployants utilized two posts requiring special spacing for the holes in the strap. The current push-button model has only one post eliminating that issue but thickness, width, and length of the strap may make the fit difficult.

Recently someone on another forum mentioned that he found that certain Hirsch straps would work, particularly those in the Leonardo line. Being a fan of these curved-end straps, I first tried the Medici on one of my Speedie Pros:

The comfort and fit was better than I expected so I removed the keepers and put a little black paint on the buckle springbar:

Then I performed a similar install with my "electric blue" SMP and blue Hirsch Mobile:

(No matching blue paint for the springbar however.)

Considering that the Medici and Mobile straps run around $50 while the Omegas can run several hundred, I am quite pleased with the resuts.

So pleased in fact that I have a honey brown Leonardo Genius on order - alligator with white stitching - that should work nicely with several of my Omegas.

Fr. John+
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: Using the Omega deployant with a non-Omega strap

Nice (and the clasp looks great!). But FYI, you can probably get a custom Banda to fit the Omega deployant, people have been doing it for the Breitling deployant for years. They may already have a pattern on file, if not, you could specify the dimensions, or even send them a strap to match. Just a thoght (probably run under $100).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Nice (and the clasp looks great!). But FYI, you can probably get a custom Banda to fit the Omega deployant, people have been doing it for the Breitling deployant for years. They may already have a pattern on file, if not, you could specify the dimensions, or even send them a strap to match. Just a thoght (probably run under $100).
    I had a custom ordered snake but the Hirsch for around $50-60 out of the wrapper is hard to beat.

Now if I could only find an Omega deployant for considerably less than the MSRP of $200.

Fr. John+
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Fr. John+

just saw this post by you. Was wondering what Omega clasp you are using? Is it the 16mm or 18mm one? Thanks!

Phu

Hi Fr. John+,

I just orderd some custom watch straps from Banda for the Omega deployment. Each one is $80US each. I sent them the specs and they got back to me in about 4 hours to tell me they could do it with the materials I wanted. Great customer service. When they arrive I'll let you know how they work out and take some pics.

Phu

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrolls View Post
    I had a custom ordered snake but the Hirsch for around $50-60 out of the wrapper is hard to beat.

Now if I could only find an Omega deployant for considerably less than the MSRP of $200.

Fr. John+

Thread Information