Watch Band Clasp Question
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Watch Band Clasp Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    229

    Watch Band Clasp Question

    Not going to be able to describe this very well, but here we go: anyone know where to get an aftermarket clasp for watch bands that tucks the hole end of the band underneath rather than over the top? Is there a name for it? Maybe thereís an inexpensive band that I can buy that has it and I can take it off for other bands I have?

    Hereís an example of what Iím talking about.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    229

    Re: Watch Band Clasp Question

    It's called a deployment clasp. I'm sure you can find some online.

    They're useful for saving the leather from flexing and wearing out early.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    229

    Re: Watch Band Clasp Question

    Quote Originally Posted by dodd10x View Post
    It's called a deployment clasp. I'm sure you can find some online.

    They're useful for saving the leather from flexing and wearing out early.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Most deployment clasps donít tuck the hole end underneath when clasped which is what Iím looking for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Stoshman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Posts
    3,162

    Re: Watch Band Clasp Question

    No, that's too general. Any clasp that folds on a hinge is called a deployant clasp. What the OP is asking is whether there is one that tucks the strap end *under* the metal clasp, rather than the common method which places it over the clasp, thus hiding the mechanism. Omega and Cartier have this on some of their models.

    What the OP is asking is whether this is available as a generic aftermarket item. I'm not sure that's the case, as it's not a common way of closing.
    829maxx likes this.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    229

    Re: Watch Band Clasp Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoshman View Post
    No, that's too general. Any clasp that folds on a hinge is called a deployant clasp. What the OP is asking is whether there is one that tucks the strap end *under* the metal clasp, rather than the common method which places it over the clasp, thus hiding the mechanism. Omega and Cartier have this on some of their models.

    What the OP is asking is whether this is available as a generic aftermarket item. I'm not sure that's the case, as it's not a common way of closing.
    Thank you for your clarification! You explained it better than I could.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Member ilitig8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9,257

    Re: Watch Band Clasp Question

    Quote Originally Posted by 829maxx View Post
    Not going to be able to describe this very well, but here we go: anyone know where to get an aftermarket clasp for watch bands that tucks the hole end of the band underneath rather than over the top? Is there a name for it? Maybe there’s an inexpensive band that I can buy that has it and I can take it off for other bands I have?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Panatime sells them as Breitling style deployments. You can also poke around on eBay and find the sterile (unbranded) versions of almost any style.
    829maxx likes this.
    ALS Blancpain Breguet Chopard GO Hamilton Hexa Hublot IWC JLC Omega Panerai Patek Rolex Tag Tudor Seiko Sinn UN Vacheron

  8. #7
    Member craigmorin4555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,109

    Re: Watch Band Clasp Question

    Hirsh has many I have the navigator it's very comfortable

    Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Haven, Michigan
    Posts
    86

    Re: Watch Band Clasp Question

    I like the clean look, but is it comfortable?

  10. #9
    Member JonS1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,388

    Watch Band Clasp Question

    I think youíre talking about this type of deployant clasp. I purchased it from Strapcode and itís quite nice. https://www.strapcode.com/collection...nt-acc-de-013p

    Here are some pics.

    My Monaco came with the same type of clasp, beautifully branded with the Heuer logo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    829maxx likes this.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    229

    Re: Watch Band Clasp Question

    Quote Originally Posted by JonS1967 View Post
    I think youíre talking about this type of deployant clasp. I purchased it from Strapcode and itís quite nice. https://www.strapcode.com/collection...nt-acc-de-013p

    Here are some pics.

    My Monaco came with the same type of clasp, beautifully branded with the Heuer logo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JonS1967 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts