Watch Bands: Tradition v. Beauty
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coltpeacemaker041

Thread: Watch Bands: Tradition v. Beauty

Watch Bands: Tradition v. Beauty

I recently bought a Szanto Officer's Coin Cushion watch. I got the one in the middle, the white one. Like new condition. (At least in appearance. We'll see how the performance goes.)

I planned to buy a nice alligator band for the watch. (Or as nice as I could, without breaking the bank. I've got a nice one in mind, with deployant clasp, for about $70.) There's nothing like a good alligator band. Even attached to a cheap replica, the band lifts the watch out of the balcony and gives it a good orchestra seat. A good shine on a cheap pair of shoes will take you anywhere.

On the other hand, all of the reviews spoke highly of the leather band that it came the watch. Now that it's here, I agree with them. Part of me wants to be faithful to the spirit of the watch. Which, I expect, is to look like the watch an officer would have been issued sometime in the early days of the last century, only in a 44mm size. What kind of band would the original have? Would alligator strike the wrong note?

So I ask the experts: Is this traditional? Is tradition nice but alligator nicer? I welcome and appreciate your thoughts

Perth Western Australia (born and family) but ATM I'm based in Queensland AUS in Townsville

Re: Watch Bands: Tradition v. Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by paul6001 View Post
    I recently bought a Szanto Officer's Coin Cushion watch. I got the one in the middle, the white one. Like new condition. (At least in appearance. We'll see how the performance goes.)

I planned to buy a nice alligator band for the watch. (Or as nice as I could, without breaking the bank. I've got a nice one in mind, with deployant clasp, for about $70.) There's nothing like a good alligator band. Even attached to a cheap replica, the band lifts the watch out of the balcony and gives it a good orchestra seat. A good shine on a cheap pair of shoes will take you anywhere.

On the other hand, all of the reviews spoke highly of the leather band that it came the watch. Now that it's here, I agree with them. Part of me wants to be faithful to the spirit of the watch. Which, I expect, is to look like the watch an officer would have been issued sometime in the early days of the last century, only in a 44mm size. What kind of band would the original have? Would alligator strike the wrong note?

So I ask the experts: Is this traditional? Is tradition nice but alligator nicer? I welcome and appreciate your thoughts
    Where's the photo? We need pics

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    Sokka likes this.

Re: Watch Bands: Tradition v. Beauty

Pictures please.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements