Watch Spring Bar Broken ! Help needed
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WatchObsession
  • 2 Post By nodnar
  • 1 Post By nuovorecord

Thread: Watch Spring Bar Broken ! Help needed

Watch Spring Bar Broken ! Help needed

Need some help please ..

I love this watch been wearing it for a while , it fell off my wrist today , lucky the watch face wasn’t damaged

I did a bit of research online now for the right terms, the spring bar is broken as you can see on the pics.

I don’t know what spring bar to order on eBay / Amazon & if I need any tools ?

Any advice would be appreciated as I didn’t fix a broken spring bar before ?

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sponsor

Re: Watch Spring Bar Broken ! Help needed

Standard spring bars should do the trick, measure the gap the bracelet fits into ( lug ) and that determines the size spring bars you order.

We do a 6 pack, 3 of 1.5mm and a 3 of 1.8mm, see them here
    slcbbrown likes this.
    " Started as a hobby.....but is now clearly a WatchObsession and the day job !!"

http://www.WatchObsession.co.uk

Official Stockist of straps from many brands including

HIRSCH, DI-MODELL, RIOS1931, JPM, CRAFTER BLUE, ZEALANDE, ERIKA's ORIGINALS, ISOFRANE and more

Take it to a local jeweller or repair shop,should fix it for a small sum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It’s still under 2 year warranty ? Would this be covered?

Quote Originally Posted by MangoWatch View Post
    From their website: Warranty

"The international warranty covers material and manufacturing defects that existed at the time of purchase of your SWISS MILITARY HANOWA watch (excluding battery, watch glass and bracelet)*."

So probably not because the bracelet is excluded but if you bought the watch from and AD or other reputable shop you might get a spring bar for free as they don't cost that much. But probably just easier to order a set of new spingbars. You don't need a tool to install the sping bar, just use your fingernails or anything else (for example credit card) that won't scratch the watch. But for removing the sping bars you'll probably need a sping bar tool, for example Bergeon 6767-F.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MangoWatch View Post
    Serious ? Asking for a replacement spring bar which probably did not stand wear and tear ?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I view spring bars as a preventative maintenance item. Keep an eye on them. Replace them when you change straps and bracelets (if you do that). For bracelets and even strap buckles, there are other spring bars that can fail.
    Failures are rare I guess, but your watch is one spring bar failure away from drop damage or lost forever.
    Nato style being an exception.

My lucky story, this failed at the kitchen table. (micro adjust on the clasp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nuovorecord and Bonzodog like this.

If unsure, I would just take it to a profession to swap the bars. I would guess the cost for a watch repair person to do it would be fairly margin and likely on the spot.

You would likely need a spring bar tool too. Yes, you could measure the lug to lug distance but if unsure probably not worth the potential for trial and error of you getting a size that is too long, too short, too thick, to slim.

In any case, I have ordered spring bars from amazon (swiss reimagined I believe was the name) along with the sites Barton and Geckota.

Quote Originally Posted by nodnar View Post
    I view spring bars as a preventative maintenance item. Keep an eye on them. Replace them when you change straps and bracelets (if you do that). For bracelets and even strap buckles, there are other spring bars that can fail.
    Failures are rare I guess, but your watch is one spring bar failure away from drop damage or lost forever.
    Nato style being an exception.

My lucky story, this failed at the kitchen table. (micro adjust on the clasp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is good advice. Spring bars are literally the weakest link in your watch bracelet or strap. Replacing them regularly is cheap insurance.
    nodnar likes this.
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01, Pilot's Chronograph 3717-04 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

duc

The end link in the photo above also looks like it might be bent. You'll want to make sure it is restored to the proper condition as well when you replace the spring bar.

Thread Information