What is the best GADA watch strap? - Page 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What is the best GADA watch strap?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: What is the best GADA watch strap?

Go anywhere, do anything.

I'd say Rubber/Silicone.

Bracelet is great, but depending on activity, can either get scratched/dinged/scraped, OR, scrape something else (IE: bracelet damage a nice laptop keyboard).

So, Rubber/Silicone being soft and durable, would not get damaged or damage other things during activity.
    Seiko Alpinist SARB017
    Zenith Sporto 1956
    Mercer Lexington
    Seiko Starlight SRPC01
    Zelos Mako Bronze Meteorite
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite
    Seiko SKX013

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktocker View Post
    I have had that watch and although the bracelet is the most comfortable and best looking for that watch, I also used the very tough, durable and classy Hirsch Heavy Calf strap that is water resistant and just gets better looking and feeling with age. BTW, am I out of it?.......what is GADA?
    Go Anywhere, Do Anything.....GADA

Quote Originally Posted by Level.5x View Post
    Go Anywhere, Do Anything.....GADA
    Thanks. I'm now officially part of the MAFE (make acronyms for everything) society.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    wtma likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktocker View Post
    Thanks. I'm now officially part of the MAFE (make acronyms for everything) society.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    LMAO
    IG: @wtma
    ---
    CASIO G-SHOCK GMW-B5000-1 PRO TREK PRT-4000T-7A PRT-4000T-7B
    SEIKO PROSPEX MARINEMASTER PROFESSIONAL SBBN007
    GLYCINE AIRMAN VINTAGE 1953 LE 3904.14/66AIRMAN DC-4 3904.19H24/66
    DAMASKO LARGE AVIATOR MANUFACTORY CALIBRE DK15

TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 36 M79500-0004
    OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL MOONWATCH 311.30.42.30.01.006

JAEGER-LECOULTRE GRANDE REVERSO ULTRA THIN DUOFACE Q3788570 (GRAIL)

Btw great watch choice.

I think I'd agree and say it's best on the bracelet however I'll go a bit different and suggest two options

Canvas strap. Possibly cordura as they are really hard wearing but do wear more charmingly with age.
    What I like about them is they can, given right colour and stitch finish look "reasonably" smart but have a nice casual sporty or vintage military vibe. They dry quite quickly and don't get sticky/grippy or clammy like some rubber straps on wrist.

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/col...premium-canvas

Someone with a ball fireman even had my exact idea

Then I love the look of bracelets but have very slim wrists and find clasps can be sore after a while so what about Milanese mesh, lighter and again more sporty but still classy. Many many types out there and a retro vibe that I think would work well with the balls classic sport watch look.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mathy; June 1st, 2019 at 15:02. Reason: Missing comment
    CJM3175 likes this.
    "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody is gonna die."

I have a Fireman Enterprise and I love it, and I think he will too. From your description, he doesn't sound like someone that will change straps often, if at all, unless you change them for him. Even at that, unless you have a bracelet changing tool, it can be a pain to put a bracelet back on with just a strap tool.

My first recommendation to is keep it on the bracelet (but then again, I like bracelets). The Enterprise bracelet doesn't have micro adjustments, so getting a fit he likes might be challenging, and it will most likely either be a little loose or a little tight for his taste (I actually like when my bracelet is just a little loose and the watch moves, so the lack of a perfect fit didn't bother me). I have a big wrist and used the bracelet with all the links.

If he's not a bracelet guy, a leather or rubber strap is a good option, especially on that watch. One thing to consider is that Ball makes a leather-looking rubber strap. I have one that came on my Fireman Victory (pics below). I've never worn mine because OEM straps are just a little too small for me, but it is really good quality. You could try checking with a Ball AD to see if you can buy one. Rob at Topper can probably help. The Victory and Enterprise have the same case so it should fit, and the Fireman looks great on leather (the picture of my silver dial Victory is on a HR leather strap).

I second the Barton straps if his wrist is 7.5" or smaller. I find them just a little too small for my 7.75" - 8" wrist. I just recently bought a leather Barton for my brother. Bartons also have quick change spring bars, so he can easily swap between leather for dress and rubber for work. Otherwise, I second the Hirsch performance straps.
    CJM3175 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information