What is a reasonable price for a strap?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What is a reasonable price for a strap?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is a reasonable price for a strap?

I'm not sure if this is better off in the strap forum but I see it as a big picture. I got a watch that came with a crocodile band - basically, at least sounds expensive. I contacted the manufacturer and they said since it's a special order from Switzerland it will cost $400 to replace it (mine is brown, i'd like something else). The watch cost me 1500 and 400 seems rather high for a strap. Would I be stupid to spend that much? The reason I want one from the manufacturer is because of the clasp detail...plus, I don't want to put a $20 band on my best watch. What to do? Just leave as is and get used to brown? I don't have brown belts or shoes so I'd be that unmatched guy. I've read about style around here but it would be nice to match.

Banned

Re: What is a reasonable price for a strap?

You can grt a high quality after market strap for much less. The hardware you just swap.
    What is the lug width?
    Formerguide likes this.

As Janne said, go aftermarket. There are a lot of options but to give you an idea I most recently purchased one from Freda Watch Straps, a forum sponsor. I paid a shade over $100 for a very nice padded alligator strap. Many choices of style/color/size.

Last edited by JarrodS; March 6th, 2012 at 14:24.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am not sure of the lug width. This is the watch: Amazon.com: Perrelet Men's A1021/1 Power Reserve Silver Sunburst Dial Watch: Perrelet: Watches

It is no longer in production. Amazon also had the one I REALLY want with the silver band but it's 2k more for that only 1 difference. Maybe I can put a nice stainless steal bracelet on? However, I don't really want to lose that clasp/detail at the bottom of the wrist. Can all of that be transferred to an aftermarket leather strap? Any idea on the price or even where to go to get that done? Something tells me the local guy who replaces the batteries and sizes my watches might not know how to do this.

Banned

Yes. And you can do it yourself. Simple.
    All you need to know is the distance ( in millimeters) between the lugs, and the length.

If you like the watch, do not something like a strap issue prevent you from getting it!

I've had some awesome aftermarket straps, none of which cost more than $50. Actually, I don't think any of them even cost $50. OEM straps are almost always overpriced.

Check out Hirsch. The new Lord is a pretty sick strap, with a cool feature, and it's around $70.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

There are some strap makers on this forum that do really great work. Most of my straps have come from forum319, just do some searching. You can easily find a custom made piece with the material of your choice for a very reasonable price.

Banned

Some steaps are worth it.
    One of my JLC straps, a Crocodile one, the croc was actually raised on Kobe beef, and had the pool filled with Perrier. Everyday gentle massage with La Prairier conditioner
    The other JLC strap, an Ostrich, was fed Certified Organic hand harvested corn. By hand.

Yeah.
    LJUSMC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    The other JLC strap, an Ostrich, was fed Certified Organic hand harvested corn. By hand.
    I thought I smelled some Certified Organic material in here.
    LJUSMC likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Moved post.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information