What is your opinion of blue leather straps? Recommendations also needed!
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is your opinion of blue leather straps? Recommendations also needed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    aye
    Banned

What is your opinion of blue leather straps? Recommendations also needed!

We wear a lot of blue & navy clothing in general such as jeans, shirts, jackets, caps, suits, etc., which we see every day. It looks great on just about everybody, but for some reason I don't see very many blue/navy shoes, and rarely any blue watch straps. Most (not all) of the blue leather straps I have seen just look a little bit off for some reason, it either looks unnatural like the leather wasn't meant to be dyed that color or it looks like it is made of vinyl. Blue suede looks fine to me on shoes, though I haven't seen it on a watch strap in person. What is your opinion of blue leather straps or even blue leather in general? Are there any nice looking blue leather straps that you have seen and can recommend?

Re: What is your opinion of blue leather straps? Recommendations also needed!

Gunny makes some very nice blue straps. I've owned a few and been very happy with them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I had a blue Collareb that was excellent. Check them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

... blue is fine ... but you have to find the right strap (or maker) .

Karkarov likes this.

I've got a few. They aren't as versatile/classic as black or brown but a nice option.

I think blue leather straps can look very sharp on a watch with a blue dial or bezel.
    gangrel likes this.

Try a Fossil store. The one below was not expensive, is good quality, and came with the quick change pins. Word to the wise: avoid the outlet stores, their selection is usually limited to NATOs

Name:  DSC06440.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  1.80 MB
    Karkarov likes this.
    V.I.T. = Vic In Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by VaEagle View Post
    I think blue leather straps can look very sharp on a watch with a blue dial or bezel.
    I have a navy blue shell cordovan on my Oris Thelonius Monk, which is all blue dial. Conversely, my blue enamel Seiko...I went brown.

There's color combos that won't work as a rule...my Vapaus Veli has a green dial, I'd be leery of most lighter blue straps...but I emphasize the right texture to the leather, and the right stitching. Black and white dials on white metal can take virtually any color. Cream or champagne...wouldn't work with most blue straps. Oxblood or orange...ewwww. No.

I suspect it may be chicken and egg. You don't see many because they're no better than 3rd choice (black, any kind of brown), and since no one would buy them the big strap makers (Hirsch, Hadley Roma, etc.) don't offer a wide variety. And since they don't offer a variety, no one sees them so they don't buy them...and so on and so on. That said, if you look through the make-to-order vendors, blue's not too hard to find. I've also seen a lot of blue suede...light, Florida blue to navy blue. Suede is a more casual material, so there's likely more license, shall we say, to use it, in a casual setting.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Blue can make a great strap color, you just need to match it with a complimenting watch.

Case in point -

Pallet Spoon likes this.

Great looking strap.

I have a blue Colareb but it's too dark so it looks black if not in direct sunlight. I've ordered straps from $300 to $20 and price often times have little to do w/quality...lately been buying from Etsy vendors and not disappointed.

On my agenda, a mustard and a yellow strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post
    Blue can make a great strap color, you just need to match it with a complimenting watch.

Case in point -

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information