Where to get good quality zulu straps?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where to get good quality zulu straps?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to get good quality zulu straps?

I have this excellent Zulu strap from Gnomon(Dievas). It is high quality thick material.

After this strap, I purchased few others from Gnomon(Dievas) and Ebay, but none were of such quality. Most of them were from very thin material, and too long.

I managed to find this one on Ebay, about 27cm long (those other too long ones are about 30cm), so I don't have to fold the end, and rings are held firm in place, not "floppy".
    While better, it is still not perfect.

There is much bigger choice of nato straps on the market, but I like zulu.

So the question is - where to buy best zulu straps? Also without overlenght, just up to 27cm max.

Are Maratac zulu straps best choice? I don't mind paying their price if the quality is acceptable. They look good on the photos, but I read that their striped straps are from thinner material, also supposedly they are long.
    I found one link comparing Maratac and Timefactors nato, showing that TF is better (although I don't mind shinier material on Maratac), but TF doesn't have zulu in store.

Anyone got thick zulu from this Ebay seller? They look nice but are quite expensive... And seller is not responding to my question about strap lenght.
    eBay My World - watchbarn*com
    madkx likes this.

Re: Where to get good quality zulu straps?

Home of WestCoasTime - Howard is awesome there, quick responses to email and fast shipping. Maratac Zulu straps can't be beat. Thick.

German Watches, Tactical Watches and Accessories - Gnomon Watches - Gnomon out of Singapore is also good and has alot of choices.

I've purchased from both and was pleased with their products.

Westcoastime's straps are thicker and more substantial feeling. Their Maratac Zulu straps could hold up to anything.

Gnomon straps are thinner and softer. More of a cottony feel. Thinner not being a bad thing as they fit my Breitling better and are easier to get out of the spring bars.

x2, I've delt with Howard at westcoastime many times, purchasing zulus, natos, and nato-zulus - all by Maratac. Honestly, the quality cannot be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by muddyrover View Post
    Home of WestCoasTime - Howard is awesome there, quick responses to email and fast shipping. Maratac Zulu straps can't be beat. Thick.

German Watches, Tactical Watches and Accessories - Gnomon Watches - Gnomon out of Singapore is also good and has alot of choices.

I've purchased from both and was pleased with their products.

Westcoastime's straps are thicker and more substantial feeling. Their Maratac Zulu straps could hold up to anything.

Gnomon straps are thinner and softer. More of a cottony feel. Thinner not being a bad thing as they fit my Breitling better and are easier to get out of the spring bars.
    Rolex 16760, G7900-1, vintage Waltham

(traded) Omega SMP 2254.50, G7900-1, (gifted) Vostok Amphibia Ministry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've been very happy with the straps from County Comm.

Good luck.

RS

Follow Me

Quote Originally Posted by wyattearp91 View Post
    x2, I've delt with Howard at westcoastime many times, purchasing zulus, natos, and nato-zulus - all by Maratac. Honestly, the quality cannot be beat.
    +1 on Mr. Marx from Westcoasttime. Quality products, service and seller.
    Omega Ω Seamaster Diver 300m 42mm 210.30.42.20.01.001
    Omega Ω Seamaster 300m Chronometer 2594.50
    Omega Ω Seamaster Pro 212.30.41.61.01.001
    Omega Ω Seamaster Pro 212.30.41.20.01.005
    Omega Ω Seamaster Pro 2541.80
    Omega Ω Seamaster Pro 2264.50
    Omega Ω Speedmaster 318.90.45.79.01.001
    Omega Ω Speedmaster 323.32.40.40.06.001 Skywalker

I like Maratac the best. Some of the cheaper ones I have bought on ebay have the rings too far apart to loop the strap back.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdan View Post
    $35.00 Zulu straps? That is hysterical.
    myke and gjbass like this.

Yup, Maratac Zulu straps from County Comm are excellent quality.

Two things though:

County Comm only ships to U.S. addresses. And their shipping rates are ridiculous. You can't just buy one or two inexpensive items. I belong to another forum filled with EDC (Every Day Carry) enthusiasts. They buy from CC often, and I've placed a handful of multi-item orders myself. The drill is always the same. Wait until you have a list of several different EDC items that you want from County Comm . . . Then place one, bulk, order at a time. Only way to save on shipping costs. Some members reported a few headaches ordering from CC. But all of mine arrived on time. That's generally the consensus when ordering from CC.

By the way, don't be surprised if your CC order looks as though some moron stepped on it, or that it rolled down a dirt road. Never a broken item, but those ridiculous shipping charges don't get you decent, physical, handling of your package from CC.
    Last edited by Monocrom; April 2nd, 2012 at 07:25. Reason: Site acting up again.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

i've picked up some NATOs and ZULUs from Jake B. recently. from what i understand, they are made from the same materials and in the same factory as the Maratac. unlike CountyComm, Jake ships everywhere Web Store - DAGAZ WATCH LTD.

the ZULUs are 1.5mm +/- .05mm thick, and the NATO is 1.15mm thick (NATOs tend to be thinner material). the 4 ring ZULU and NATO are longer than the 2 ring ZULUs.

the black strap is a prototype Jake made and i'm told will be offering soon. it's a 2 ring ZULU with no buckle and larger holes to accept wide tangs. you'll be able to install the appropriate sized buckle of your choosing (mine has a "bone-frog" to match my Tsunami UDT).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information