Why does anybody bother cutting the keeper off NATO straps? Possible solution

Thread: Why does anybody bother cutting the keeper off NATO straps? Possible solution

Why does anybody bother cutting the keeper off NATO straps? Possible solution

Hi guys, I recently got my first proper watch and after I sourced the bracelet I bought a few NATOs. Reading around a lot of people don't see the point in the keeper strap or prefer ZULUs because of the lack of keepers.

I know that you can buy RAF pattern straps without the keeper but they usually come in less colours and patterns than NATOs.

The reason for this post is that I don't understand why so many people either go out of their way to look for RAF straps/three ring straps or cut the keeper strap off when you can just tuck the keeper back under your wrist so that the ring is next to the buckle and pass the main strap through the keeper and the buckle at the same time. This approach seems more versatile as you can always go back to the usual way of wearing a NATO if you want but you can position the buckle wherever like a RAF strap.

I'll post a few pictures of the strap configured like this in the morning.

Re: Why does anybody bother cutting the keeper off NATO straps? Possible solution

The "Down-Under" method.
    Citizen: Eco-Drive BV1080-18A Longines: Legend Diver (No Date) Melbourne Watch Company: Flinders ☆ Obris Morgan: Branco, Predate Oris: Great Barrier Reef LE ☆ Stowa: Antea 390, Antea Poland LE, Flieger 2011 LE, Marine Original LE IITudor: Heritage Black Bay

Re: Why does anybody bother cutting the keeper off NATO straps? Possible solution

The "Down-Under" method.
    Yup. Works for me.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I always cut the keeper strap, as you call it, off. The strap then has a more cleaner and simpler look to it. Works better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by johsch View Post
    I always cut the keeper strap, as you call it, off. The strap then has a more cleaner and simpler look to it. Works better for me.
    Exactly this for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information