Why tubes?

Thread: Why tubes?

Why tubes?

I bought a few nicer straps in recent months and they all came with tubes. All of my watches came with nice beefy springbars that do not fit the tubes. What are the tubes for -- do I use smaller springbars or just slide out the tubes? Thanks.

Re: Why tubes?

Just remove the tubes, they are only for use on Panerai watches. The tubes allow the strap to move freely around the screw bar and not unscrew it from the case. Using tubes on a watch with spring bars will make it difficult if not impossible to remove the strap later.

Quote Originally Posted by CGSshorty View Post
    Just remove the tubes, they are only for use on Panerai watches. The tubes allow the strap to move freely around the screw bar and not unscrew it from the case. Using tubes on a watch with spring bars will make it difficult if not impossible to remove the strap later.
    Ah. That makes sense. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are also watches with drilled lugs (not necessarily threaded) where standard diameter springbars are used. Some straps that do come with the tubes can be used to take up any sort of play between the springbars and the inside diameter of the leather. Just personal preference. An example would be the Marathon JSAR/ CSAR, Walts adapters for the Citizen Eco Zilla, Maratac Pilots and many others. But yes, do not use the tubes if the lugs are not drilled nor threaded thru.

Thread Information