XS length straps? 95 x 60mm
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: XS length straps? 95 x 60mm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

XS length straps? 95 x 60mm

I'm looking for inexpensive extra small leather straps. My wrist measures right about 6.75" but the small or standard length straps leave too long of a tab that I find an annoyance and unattractive. I'm fairly certain I'm going to start buying the cordovan straps from Nomos in XS but I would like to try on something of the same length before buying the XS in case it's too small. They're listed at 95mm x 60mm. I have googled and looked on strap sites and haven't come up with anything. Are you guys aware of something cheap I can get as a tester in that size? The first watch I'll test it on has 18mm lugs, a Seiko SNKL23.

Re: XS length straps? 95 x 60mm

Might ask over in the Straps forum, or ask this thread to be moved.

Try watch-band-center.com. Scroll down on the left side; he's got a selection of XS straps. They're a mix of short and extra short, so you'll want to pay attention. Here's one, tho:
    Watch strap Eu-LB590 XS 18mm black Lousiana croco grain von BARINGTON
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

I have a post in the strap forum. Finding very little on this. I know people are looking....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rios1931 makes some very inexpensive 18 mm short straps. Coming in at the $20 to $25 mark. They are S and not XS with a measurement of 100/70 but should work with your wrists as they are not all that small.
    doggbiter likes this.

IMO a 95/60mm strap would be much too short for a 6.75" wrist. I have a 6.75" wrist and I am usually on the 3rd smallest hole of our regular length 120/75mm straps. 95/60 would be a good inch and a half shorter than that. I'd say around 110/70 or 65 would be the smallest you'd want to try.
    Last edited by CrownAndBuckle; August 12th, 2016 at 15:43.
    Nokie likes this.

I'd say around 110/70 or 65 would be the smallest you'd want to try.
    Good advice.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thank you for your replies. Ive I've been lurking here and just started an account while using my phone, I looked but didn't notice the strap forum until afterward, this probably should be moved.
    Here's what I'm dealing with. I think it could be combination of things. First, I think the buckle side strap is too short, not wrapping around my wrist far enough, and the loops that hold down the strap are not tight enough to keep the straps snug against each other and flush, rather than sticking out. This strap is a Hadley Roma, thin and short 102mm x 65mm. This is the shortest strap I have. And while it's better, it's still not perfect to my liking. This are fine details, but I think fine details are important. Even more so as I buy nicer watches and straps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by watch_hor View Post
    Rios1931 makes some very inexpensive 18 mm short straps. Coming in at the $20 to $25 mark. They are S and not XS with a measurement of 100/70 but should work with your wrists as they are not all that small.
    I'm gonna second this on Rios1931. I have a 6.75" flattish wrist and wear some short straps on my watches. I have a Rios1931 short that measures 103mm x 72mm and it looks and fits nice on several of my watches (all under 50mm lug-to-lug). I wear it on the second hole from the end with just enough tail to tuck through the fixed keeper.
    Stowa 1938 | Speedy Pro 311 | Omega SMPc | 66 Omega SM | 65 Omega Cosmic | 54 Omega SM | 72 Speedy Mark II | 69 Tissot T.12 | 70 Tissot Super T.12 | 70 Seiko 6139 | 71 Seiko Yachtman | 77 Seiko Pogue | 70s Seiko Bullhead | 69 Bulova SK | Ventus Mori | Helm Khuraburi

Two things...

#1...usually the buckle goes on the 12 side. Since the buckle side is shorter, this will shift where it wraps.
    #2...those are VERY long lugs. I think what works for this one, won't work on others...cuz I agree with the others. My wrist is about 6.5" and 115/70 is workable for me. I have a Nomos short strap, and it's almost too short on my Tangente.

You might want to consider a one-piece Eulit perlon, if you can still find them with a ladder buckle. The ladder buckle lets you slide the buckle up the strap, and hide the excess length. (Cutting perlon doesn't work.) Leather one-pass is another option; you can cut them shorter reasonably cleanly, but you may still have issues with holes.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Right I'm aware of the side the buckle normally goes on. I know Seiko sometimes actually puts them on the 6 hour side. I haven't decided what I like better yet, but I've tried both.

I might have to try the Rios. 65mm on the buckle side does seem too short and part of my issue. The other leather strap I have for this is a Debeer regular length 7.5", it doesn't state the length of each piece. But it has a considerable amount of tab hanging out. Yeah it def makes me want to get the leather tool that allows you to press cut the ends so I can shorten them myself and it look decent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information