Zulu 4 ring style?

Thread: Zulu 4 ring style?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Zulu 4 ring style?

What does the 4 ring style Zulu strap do that the 3 ring style doesn't? Is it just for asthetics, or does it serve a purpose?

Re: Zulu 4 ring style?

Actually it's a 2 ring vs 4 ring. The 4 ring has another strip that goes under the watch -- so if one spring bar breaks, you won't loose the watch. There are some pictures of how to install a 4 ring on various sites (although it pretty much seems like common sense), and there you can see how the 4 ring holds the watch.

There is also a 2 piece Maratac that I have on one of my watches, and a 1 piece with normal buckle.

I know the differnce between the 2 ring and 4 ring.

I was asking bout the difference between these.

3 ring

4 ring

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's the same principle though, more security vs less. Your first picture is a typical NATO, and your second is a typical ZULU. The NATOs are thinner with thinnner buckels too. Which website are you ordering from?

I'm ordering from West coast time.

Banned

Howard at Westcoastime is an absolute pleasure to deal with .

Quote Originally Posted by jaws revenge View Post
    Actually it's a 2 ring vs 4 ring. The 4 ring has another strip that goes under the watch -- so if one spring bar breaks, you won't loose the watch. There are some pictures of how to install a 4 ring on various sites (although it pretty much seems like common sense), and there you can see how the 4 ring holds the watch.

There is also a 2 piece Maratac that I have on one of my watches, and a 1 piece with normal buckle.
    uhh.. with regard to security, in a springbar failure, there is no difference. Both 2 ring and 4 ring capture the watch equally.

Aside from the heavier hardware and thicker nylon (although a standard issue G-10 is plenty strong for the task of keeping a watch on a wrist) I think the question is "Why the fourth ring?"
    Let's ponder that.

Not exactly. A 2 ring (only by ZULU) only goes through the spring bars. Both the NATO and 4 ring ZULU have an additional strap under the watch, so if you lose a spring bar, you don't lose the watch. In those pictues in this thread, none are 2 ring ZULUs. At countycomm or westcoastime, you can see the difference in straps.

No... EXACTLY

Quote Originally Posted by jaws revenge View Post
    Not exactly. A 2 ring (only by ZULU) only goes through the spring bars. Both the NATO and 4 ring ZULU have an additional strap under the watch, so if you lose a spring bar, you don't lose the watch. In those pictues in this thread, none are 2 ring ZULUs. At countycomm or westcoastime, you can see the difference in straps.
    I don't think you understood what I wrote.. and I stand by it because it's fact. I have a couple of 2 ring Maratacs and am familiar with them and how they function. Because the strap doesn't terminate at the springbars (like a bracelet or dress type strap), but rather creates a loop all the way around the wearer's wrist, a single springbar failure won't cause loss of anything. The additional strap and ring or rings of a G-10 or Maratac's G-10 knockoff "4 ring" doesn't do jack squat towards avoiding loss when a springbar lets go. That is not the purpose for the second strap.
    Maybe you need to visit whatever website to look at pics..

The G-10 and 4 ring zulu straps help to keep the watch on the strap when thet strap is off your wrist. reular 2 ring straps would allow it to slide off. However, when on your wrist, they are all equally capable of keeping the watch on your wrist, regardless or how many springbars are left.

My original question was, what is the extra ring on the Zulu strap for (the Nato strap is the same design, but only has 3 rings)? Is it just for style?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information