14060m vs 16610: choices
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dogbert_is_fat

Thread: 14060m vs 16610: choices

14060m vs 16610: choices

So I am going round in circles on which pre-ceramic submariner to buy and finally decided to get either the 14060m or 16610.

I will get one of the later models of either possible and hopefully a full set in good condition - so this will either:

16610 (2007/2008/2009); or
    14060m (2010/2011/2012).

I have been through the pros and cons of each and recognise that the 14060m has hollow end links (as opposed to the SEL’s on the 16610) and have toyed with the thought of whether I really need a date complication for a daily watch. The engraved rehaut is on modes I'm looking at so I am happy with this.

However, as a daily wearer I want the option to change straps often and so this is an important consideration.

Strap changes will be easier on the 14060m (due to lug holes that aren't on the later 16610's), I also feel like it looks better on straps (NATO, Zulu, leather etc) from online pictures. It just looks a bit sleeker and the 16610 may look a bit too 'busy' with the date window.

I know I am overthinking this and I can't really go wrong with either but I don't want buyer's remorse and go through the process of buying again.

If I did get the 16610, I could always get the tweezers that help changing the strap easier on no-lug hole models but I just don't want it to look too busy and regret it.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 14060m vs 16610: choices

hang on, one of those recent threads was started by you! why this 2nd thread?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zimv20ca View Post
    hang on, one of those recent threads was started by you! why this 2nd thread?
    This one is about my choice based on changing straps often.

I've decided on the reference of each model I want now but trying to now decide between them.

It's driving me crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven’t you already asked the same question in another thread you started?

This is what you said on that other thread you started called “Pre- ceramic Submariner”

Quote Originally Posted by shaunlawler View Post
    After much research, I've now decided to get a 16610 2002 model as this benefits from lug holes, solid end links and no engraved rehaut.

This is the best balanced model based on my preferences of needing a date (as a daily watch) and changing the straps often.

I now see what people mean when they say that it is much more desirable without the engraved rehaut from pictures I have seen.

Thanks everyone for your wisdom
    Haven’t you decided?
    zimv20ca likes this.

Thread Information