WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

16610 ”swiss only”

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Daniel234563456 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have an option to buy a 16610 swiss only dial A series, watch only- 6500$.
The watch is in a really good condition and hasn’t been polished.
I was wondering if to your experience, it is a decent price...? I am leaning towards taking it tomorrow but need the last push...
Thanks everyone!

#2 ·
First off, welcome, and good luck in getting your Rolex.

We don't do valuations on the site. If you look here you will have some strong comps:

https://www.watchrecon.com/?query=16610&last_days=0

Outside of pricing, we can comment on condition and originality, but we will need photos for that.

#3 ·
Thanks!
I have handled the watch and know exactly in what condition it is... We're talking about COSC timekeeping, pressure tested, bracelet tight and so on...
I was looking for a 16570 to pair with my 114270 but my dealer found that one and suggested it instead saying it is in a really good condition...
I really like the watch but the only thing that is keeping me from buying is the price... I don't think it's a bad price, but not GREAT...

#6 ·
When I bought my 16610 for MSRP in mid-2000, it was, IIRC, the first year of the SEL watch bracelets. I paid MSRP $3600 for it but either the store or Rolex had a 12 months same as cash deal going so I did that. I has never been serviced, I have all the boxes, papers, tags, receipts, and it still runs within a second or two a day. I wouldn't dream of selling it for less than $8000.

I'd love the OP to come back and answer the box and papers question I asked.

#7 ·
I am right here:) the watch doesn't come with box and papers... At the moment we're checking the watch to see the internals, the outside looks pristine and untouched so I would be very surprised if we're going to find something that I don't like inside... Hopefully, tomorrow he will switch hands and become a part of my collection. Such a cool piece.

#10 ·
Re: 16610 "swiss only"

This is my 2002 K Serial 16610. I am the original owner. Never polished or serviced. So it's a good point of reference for you on what a thick case should look like, what sharp chamfers look like, the sharp points on the bezel, etc.

A primary difference between the one you are considering and mine is that mine has the solid end links on the bracelet which give it a more modern stance, make the watch feel heavier, and eliminates any rattling sounds. SEL bracelet is a big deal, something to consider.

#11 ·

This is my 2002 K Serial 16610. I am the original owner. Never polished or serviced. So it's a good point of reference for you on what a thick case should look like, what sharp chamfers look like, the sharp points on the bezel, etc.

A primary difference between the one you are considering and mine is that mine has the solid end links on the bracelet which give it a more modern stance, make the watch feel heavier, and eliminates any rattling sounds. SEL bracelet is a big deal, something to consider.
thanks for the help! Everything is really tight and untouched... I can see the chamfered edges and the crown is pronounced on the clasp... Keeps great time 0 seconds per day on the time graph, 310 amplitude, sealed...
I was just wondering if you guys find that detail a big deal, looks like there's a little dent from a hit on one of the lugs... Thanks!

Attachments

#13 ·
Swiss Only adds a little, and one day may add a LOT.

I have one, and it was over polished by Rolex RSC London.

Seeing yours, in such original shape, makes me know I have to get mine laser welded!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.