WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

16710 Finally.

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  hobby5253 
#1 ·
I've been looking on and off for awhile and finally had some good timing. My AD sold this one new in 2004 and last week took it back in on trade from the original owner. Its mine now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#13 ·
I'm getting mine back from my watchmaker tomorrow for a service and hands color-match and seeing yours is getting me excited. As someone suggested as well, I bought a Pepsi insert for my Coke.

Reactions: Nikrnic
#14 ·
I have had my 16710 for about 5 months, can't believe it's been that long, and it's an absolute joy. I will be bold and say that it is easily in the top 5 Rolex models ever produced. Proportionally perfect, 3 bezel options, and 2 bracelet options.

I have seen and handled all the modern GMTs and the 16710 remains the king. I especially prefer the bezel numerals of the 16710 over the modern font.

#15 ·
I have had my 16710 for about 5 months, can't believe it's been that long, and it's an absolute joy. I will be bold and say that it is easily in the top 5 Rolex models ever produced. Proportionally perfect, 3 bezel options, and 2 bracelet options.

I have seen and handled all the modern GMTs and the 16710 remains the king. I especially prefer the bezel numerals of the 16710 over the modern font.
Couldn't agree more. The new ones don't even come close to it and for me Rolex have lost their way for sports watches apart from Submariners. The Rolex of yesteryear catered for people who wanted a good iconic watch, The Rolex of today is all about show and tell and has turned in to a jewellery fashion house. It's what the new breed want I suppose but fortunately for those of us that like the classics they are available. As evidenced by the market, buyers are waking up to this so prices are getting higher though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.