16710 GMT Purchase

Thread: 16710 GMT Purchase

16710 GMT Purchase

Hi all, I am interested in picking up a 16710 Pepsi GMT and was wondering if there was anything I should be aware of or look for in terms of production years, serial numbers, etc. I am hesitant to buy an older watch and am fine paying what I assume is a premium to purchase from a reputable dealer that may provide their own in-house warranty for at least a short period of time. I’ve seen quite a range in pricing for watches that look to be in similar condition and am not really sure where to start. I understand that obviously a full set with box and papers will be on the higher end of the price range. Anything I should take into consideration when looking for an older Rolex like this would be appreciated. And also if there is anything I should be aware of after purchasing in terms of servicing, etc. Thanks!

Re: 16710 GMT Purchase

Good luck. There are holes and no holes cases. Older movement and newer movement. SEL versus non-SEL bracelets. Tritium and luminova dials. 1 year of "Swiss" only. They are all sold with Pepsi inserts these days, regardless of how they were sold originally. Almost all have been serviced by someone at this ppint and given a polish. Buy the buyer!

Thread Information