97200 Glidelock bracelet authenticity
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 97200 Glidelock bracelet authenticity

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

97200 Glidelock bracelet authenticity

Any experts here that can verify whether this brand new 97200 bracelet is genuine?
    These pictures were sent to me by the seller on request.

Wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger as this is not cheap. Any red flags here?

I have a question regarding the sandblasted Rolex logo. Majority of the ones I've seen in pictures are graphite in colour, and some silver. is this down the the year?

Dogbert_is_fat likes this.

Re: 97200 Glidelock bracelet authenticity

Buy the seller too hard to tell w the Uber clones these days
    5959HH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mhou View Post
    Any experts here that can verify whether this brand new 97200 bracelet is genuine?
    These pictures were sent to me by the seller on request.

Wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger as this is not cheap. Any red flags here?

I have a question regarding the sandblasted Rolex logo. Majority of the ones I've seen in pictures are graphite in colour, and some silver. is this down the the year?

I am not an expert but to be honest, the bracelet does look original to me. I am not sure how you managed to find someone selling it unless that someone is in possession of a stolen watch and stripping them up for parts to be sold separately or already has two of the same and do not need the bracelet.

When you say it is "not cheap", how much is it that it is not cheap?

I would also suggest for you to cast your net wider to get more feedback on the authenticity by posting this in the fake busters section. There are a few regulars who only post there and they will also assist to eyeball it.

Disclaimer: I do not profess to be an expert. You must perform your own due diligence and any advice you receive here in Watch U Seek from forum members are generic in nature and are provided in good faith. You should not rely on comments provided by members and shall not take them to be expert advice. You shall present your Rolex to a certified Rolex Service Centre to authenticate your watch and/or its components. Members are not responsible for any loss incurred by you should you proceed to make a purchase. As it is often said, only buy from a trusted source who can attest to the provenance of the watch or only buy from an authorised Rolex dealer.
    5959HH likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Why is he selling it? From the look of the photos its still got the factory plastic on it in places which would mean hes selling a brand new Rolex bracelet. You cant just walk into an AD and buy a bracelet. It needs to be tied up with the relevant watch purchase. The only other option is hes putting his new watch on a NATO and I cant think of many people who would do that to their Rolex and leave the nato on permanently. So unless hes got a perfectly good story and has the paperwork for it I wouldnt bother. Take your watch into an AD and let them order you the relevant bracelet. You mention this is "not cheap" so youre only looking to add a few more £ for a guaranteed legit bracelet.
    Dogbert_is_fat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    Why is he selling it? From the look of the photos its still got the factory plastic on it in places which would mean hes selling a brand new Rolex bracelet. You cant just walk into an AD and buy a bracelet. It needs to be tied up with the relevant watch purchase. The only other option is hes putting his new watch on a NATO and I cant think of many people who would do that to their Rolex and leave the nato on permanently. So unless hes got a perfectly good story and has the paperwork for it I wouldnt bother. Take your watch into an AD and let them order you the relevant bracelet. You mention this is "not cheap" so youre only looking to add a few more £ for a guaranteed legit bracelet.
    I second this. I asked the OP in my post just how much is he talking about when he said it wasn't cheap. Agree with you that if the margin or delta is not much, then he is better off to purchase an original for true peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    I second this. I asked the OP in my post just how much is he talking about when he said it wasn't cheap. Agree with you that if the margin or delta is not much, then he is better off to purchase an original for true peace of mind.

does he have the original case it came with? mine came in the below picture.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 6.49.30 AM.png
Views: 23
Size:  918.0 KBName:  r8.jpeg
Size:  93.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    I am not an expert but to be honest, the bracelet does look original to me. I am not sure how you managed to find someone selling it unless that someone is in possession of a stolen watch and stripping them up for parts to be sold separately or already has two of the same and do not need the bracelet.

When you say it is "not cheap", how much is it that it is not cheap?

I would also suggest for you to cast your net wider to get more feedback on the authenticity by posting this in the fake busters section. There are a few regulars who only post there and they will also assist to eyeball it.

Disclaimer: I do not profess to be an expert. You must perform your own due diligence and any advice you receive here in Watch U Seek from forum members are generic in nature and are provided in good faith. You should not rely on comments provided by members and shall not take them to be expert advice. You shall present your Rolex to a certified Rolex Service Centre to authenticate your watch and/or its components. Members are not responsible for any loss incurred by you should you proceed to make a purchase. As it is often said, only buy from a trusted source who can attest to the provenance of the watch or only buy from an authorised Rolex dealer.
    Thanks for the heads up. Will post in the fake busters section as well.

Seller seems legit, has been a verified dealer on chrono24 since 2009, with a brick and mortar store in Italy. Currently sold 1400 watches with buyer protection and about 700 reviews.
    Price is about 3000euros.

Quote Originally Posted by razz339 View Post
    does he have the original case it came with? mine came in the below picture.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 6.49.30 AM.png
Size:  918.0 KBName:  r8.jpeg
Size:  93.6 KB
    Yes, the seller said it comes fully stickered and in original shipping case. You can just about see it in the first picture in the top

Quote Originally Posted by mhou View Post
    Price is about 3000euros.
    I ordered mine from my AD for $2,200 plus tax, for what that is worth. Maybe try giving them a call?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information