ADs in Singapore are doing this now. - Page 11
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigclive2011 View Post
    Go buy an Omega or a Grand Seiko!!
    Exactly. Not sure why this is so hard for people to comprehend.

Some can’t afford a Bentley so they buy a BMW.

Some can’t afford a Learjet so they buy an airline ticket.

Some can’t afford a Rolex so they buy an Omega.

These conversations are not about availability; they are about money. Any one of us can buy any Rolex we want at fair market value from a grey dealer right now and have it delivered to our door by 10 AM tomorrow morning. Pepsi, Daytona, Hulk, Batman, Sub, they’re all out there if we can afford it. If we can’t, we should be focusing on other brands instead of conniving ways to buy Rolexes at a discount from an AD.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Any one of us can buy any Rolex we want at fair market value from a grey dealer right now and have it delivered to our door by 10 AM tomorrow morning. Pepsi, Daytona, Hulk, Batman, Sub, they’re all out there if we can afford it.
    Good point - although I would add 'and are willing to pay it.'
    Personally, although I still like the watches I dislike the company on the basis of the poor customer service I received from RSC here in the UK.
    Each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    There are many better watches for the same money. Time to move on.
    Basically this. There’s a whole world of watches out there. My wrist, and my watch box would be a much more boring place without my Panerai 389 and Royal Oak Offshore.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    It's been 3 years since anyone could walk into a Rolex AD and walk out with a desirable stainless steel model at MSRP. It's time we all come to grips with the reality that this is the new norm, this is what Rolex is now, the grey market prices represent fair market value and that is the asking price, not some mythical MSRP that no one without major connections gets to pay.

So here are your retail prices for current SS Rolex models. Buy what you can afford; if not, time to move on.

Daytona Ceramic: $23,975
    Pepsi Ceramic: $18,575
    Batman Ceramic: $17,875
    Hulk Ceramic: $16,975
    Sea Dweller: $14,675
    Sub Date: $11,975
    Submariner: $9,875
    Explorer: $7,575
    GrussGott likes this.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

It's been 3 years since anyone could walk into a Rolex AD and walk out with a desirable stainless steel model at MSRP. It's time we all come to grips with the reality that this is the new norm, this is what Rolex is now, the grey market prices represent fair market value and that is the asking price, not some mythical MSRP that no one without major connections gets to pay.

So here are your retail prices for current SS Rolex models. Buy what you can afford; if not, time to move on.

Daytona Ceramic: $23,975
    Pepsi Ceramic: $18,575
    Batman Ceramic: $17,875
    Hulk Ceramic: $16,975
    Sea Dweller: $14,675
    Sub Date: $11,975
    Submariner: $9,875
    Explorer: $7,575
    All good but the proper price for a GMT Master SS sport Rolex in the UK has just EXPLODED past 25,000. Yeeee-hahh!

Quote Originally Posted by One-Seventy View Post
    All good but the proper price for a GMT Master SS sport Rolex in the UK has just EXPLODED past 25,000. Yeeee-hahh!
    That's not Rolex RRP though, is it??!!
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Seventy View Post
    One on Watchfinder last week at £20,750. BLRO 2019. Ridiculous.
    I should be getting one before Xmas at around MSRP.
    I’m not sure I’ll keep it - which is just as ridiculous - but that’s what it’s come to.

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    Exactly - I can "afford" this LV duffle bag @ $3,850:

Can this duffle bag hold diving equipment? Definitely! Is it a diving tool bag? No.

Rolex is simply Gucci, LV, Lanvin, Prada, etc and you need to decide if a limited-use luxury bag is worth $4k to you, and if a limited use luxury watch is worth $20k to you.

For me a Rolex stops being worth it at around $5k.
    adg31 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    Exactly - I can "afford" this LV duffle bag @ $3,850:

Can this duffle bag hold diving equipment? Definitely! Is it a diving tool bag? No.

Rolex is simply Gucci, LV, Lanvin, Prada, etc and you need to decide if a limited-use luxury bag is worth $4k to you, and if a limited use luxury watch is worth $20k to you.

For me a Rolex stops being worth it at around $5k.
    I agree with you.
    However, the amateur psychology some people try to use is: 'If you are only prepared to pay around $5k, (or msrp) that's because, in reality, you can't afford to pay more'.
    Some people don't understand that it's about choice. In their eyes, if you don't/won't pay twice msrp, then money is tight and you can't afford it.
    GrussGott likes this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Quote Originally Posted by FBPB View Post
    If all of your friends act that way, then it's no wonder you do too.

Get over yourself. Grow a pair and learn to stop worrying what other people think of your wrist trinket. Once those blinders are removed, maybe then you'll have an original thought about what a nice watch actually is. I know it's hard, but give it a try. You'll thank me.
    I've owned dozens of nice watches in my lifetime, nothing brings the thrills that a Rolex does. Both Vintage and New, Rolex just owns them all.

There is nothing wrong with owning nice things and having friends, family, and strangers admire them. The entire world of real estate and fine art revolves around this principle. I'm not going to hide my Rolex because you think I should. I'm going to wear it as I wish without a care in the world. If you don't like the fact that I'm getting bathed in attention wherever I go, blame the people staring, it's not my fault that Rolex makes some fantastic looking timepieces.
    The "Rolex Thrill" only start came 3-4 years ago, when Rolex started the "scarcity" marketing strategy, following Patek. And they do succeed, largely because many people, most of them know nothing about watches, playing that game.
    But 5 years ago, there was no "thrill" on having a rolex. It was just a solid, reliable tool watch. And many other brands also have those traits.
    Don't get me wrong, Rolex makes great watches. I admire them for the consistency in build quality, fit and finish, and the movement is probably one of the most bulletproof in the planet. I own an Oyster perpetual which I love so much, and I would like to add another Rolex in the future.

But to say only Rolex has the thrill, while other brands has not, is a bit too exaggerating. I feel more thrill when I put my Reverso or Speedmaster Pro limited edition, than I do when wear the Rolex. I tried few times a Pepsi and Sub of my friend's...great watch, but not feel those "thrill".

To each his own.
    Last edited by Hosea; June 8th, 2019 at 17:41.
    FBPB likes this.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information