ADs in Singapore are doing this now. - Page 2
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

I can see your point in presenting some models with the right size/weight and no movement.
    We see this everyday in mobile phone stores.
    Still every time I see this it creates a bad feeling as if that company (be it Apple or Samsung) is not able to sacrifice a few phones for people to try them in stores.
    In my opinion such an action would hurt Rolex image more than help.
    Showing an empty display (or not for sale ) shows your product is in demand.
    Last edited by Stanul; June 6th, 2019 at 13:29.

Quote Originally Posted by T1meout View Post
    It’s their prerogative.
    To make you beg? Of course. It's their prerogative to do anything they want. They could make you do a little dance, lick and polish their shoes for them, if they wanted. It's not illegal, and not mandatory. They just won't let you buy your shiny if you refuse. They're not legally obliged to sell you anything. They can do whatever they want.

People who love being mistreated will always find a way to rationalise.
    adg31, ColinMST, pkincy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner117 View Post
    Yeah, at least you get to see them and try them on.
    Take a photo, post it on cool social media, collect followers, job done !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    I think this would be a sensible move.
    At least the AD's store window would look inviting. Customers being able to try the watch on (even if you can't purchase one) is a good idea.
    Then, if the AD's hasn't got one available to purchase, those inclined to pay a little extra, can purchase from the grey market.
    I can hear some of you now, 'Hold on a moment, that's not fair on the AD is it??'
    Maybe not, but that's down to Rolex & the AD's to resolve, isn't it?
    Rolex and the AD's don't seem that concerned with the apparent unfairness of customers not being able to purchase a nice new Rolex watch, do they??!!
    I don't disagree with you but this rather defeats the idea of Rolex trying to stifle the secondary market by retaining Warranty Cards and the like.
    On a related theme I had the opportunity to buy a Rolex Submariner non-date the other month through my AD but when I looked at it the bezel clearly didn't align with the markers - which in turn didn't align with the rehaut.
    This might possibly be acceptable on a Seiko Turtle or the like but I find it increasingly amazing what Rolex are expecting customers to put up with in order to access their club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by adg31; June 6th, 2019 at 13:53.

Rolex is the king of luxury watch. No doubt about that. This is also the reason why Rolex watches are so valuable. Unlike those who chunk out as many as you want. A great way to protect existing customers value.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Rolex is the king of luxury watch. No doubt about that. This is also the reason why Rolex watches are so valuable. Unlike those who chunk out as many as you want. A great way to protect existing customers value.
    Possibly rather a semantic point for which I apologise but I think that they are more the King of watch branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    By the way, some of us have been saying that Rolex should provide dummy watches, i.e. case, bracelet + weight but no movement, for prospective clients to view, touch and try on a watch before they buy.
    They could actually sell those empty shells at full price easily, for most people they are just for show anyway.
    transporter305, pkincy and bam49 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    I don't disagree with you but this rather defeats the idea of Rolex trying to stifle the secondary market by retaining Warranty Cards and the like.
    On a related theme I had the opportunity to buy a Rolex Submariner non-date the other month through my AD but when I looked at it the bezel clearly didn't align with the markers - which in turn didn't align with the rehaut.
    This might possibly be acceptable on a Seiko Turtle or the like but I find it increasingly amazing what Rolex are expecting customers to put up with in order to access their club.

Interesting. Do you think that may have been a faulty watch which was supposed to be destroyed, but someone decided to take advantage of current market and made it lost thru the back door?
    I know it's a crazy idea, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by GMT-man View Post
    They could actually sell those empty shells at full price easily, for most people they are just for show anyway.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by One-Seventy View Post
    To make you beg?
    They are not making you beg. They get no enjoyment from that, and it wouldn’t do you any good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GMT-man View Post
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information