ADs in Singapore are doing this now. - Page 4
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Rolex, the ultimate troll.
    They have really have the ultimate position. They are the only brand that is recognized by the masses as being a “high-end” watch, and yet they are affordable enough that middle class people who want one can get one provided they break their back to do so...
    So they drive those individuals nuts by literally dangling them in front of their faces at AD’s.
    It is brilliant on Rolex.
    The only way to counter it is to choose not to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Watches

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    This is actually a very good idea @Sporty. Got the from me for that one.

Rolex should save everyone the hassle and anguish and make available a 1:1 scale watch cut out which one can download, print, cut and wear on the wrist to try for size and look. A suggestion that goes one step further is to develop a 3D printed file which I can 3D print my own Rolex s/s sports watch. There, fixed all the supply issues. Instant gratification. Yeah baby.
    Chrono24 already has this feature. You can print out several popular models(it will look like a QR code) and then when you hover your phone it will “show” the watch on your wrist.

I’m not sure a dummy watch signals luxury, you’d need to see it running and be able to feel the crown, GMT, etc, before dropping $10K.

Silly games

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Rolex is the king of luxury watch. No doubt about that. This is also the reason why Rolex watches are so valuable. Unlike those who chunk out as many as you want. A great way to protect existing customers value.
    A bit like Bose. Makes a barely adequate line of speakers that no audiophile would touch but does a great job of marketing. Rolex is trying out that strategy with excellence. Bose has the amateurs fooled and apparently Rolex is doing an excellent job of the same thing.
    adg31 and thx67 like this.

That's probably for adverts

Quote Originally Posted by Stanul View Post
    Interesting. Do you think that may have been a faulty watch which was supposed to be destroyed, but someone decided to take advantage of current market and made it lost thru the back door?
    I know it's a crazy idea, but who knows?
    Not an isolated event. A few months ago someone here on WUS posted a similar issue with a Sub. I seem to recall that he followed through with the purchase but had the AD ship the Sub immediately off to have the bezel realigned.
    adg31 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson56 View Post
    Not an isolated event. A few months ago someone here on WUS posted a similar issue with a Sub. I seem to recall that he followed through with the purchase but had the AD ship the Sub immediately off to have the bezel realigned.
    Fortunately I had seen that post so thought to check before buying; one of the big advantages of the forum is getting fellow enthusiasts experiences first hand so knowing what to look for.
    The AD did suggest the same - but in my case I chose not to go through with it as I've had poor experience with RSC here in the UK so wouldn't risk them making a hash of it on a new watch.
    Still a nice looking reference though and I'm sure that someone will pick it up without noticing, or more likely caring, just because it's a scarce Rolex Submariner made from Unobtainium 904.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fenderjapan View Post
    Rolex, the ultimate troll.
    They have really have the ultimate position. They are the only brand that is recognized by the masses as being a “high-end” watch, and yet they are affordable enough that middle class people who want one can get one provided they break their back to do so...
    So they drive those individuals nuts by literally dangling them in front of their faces at AD’s.
    It is brilliant on Rolex.
    The only way to counter it is to choose not to play.
    tomatoes likes this.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    Lol, “Come back, one year!” Might actually be something you would hear from an AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Watches

If OP tells the AD that you are willing to paid $50000 for a normal ceramic sub. I am sure they will sell the display model.
    ColinMST likes this.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information