ADs in Singapore are doing this now. - Page 6
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    If OP tells the AD that you are willing to paid $50000 for a normal ceramic sub. I am sure they will sell the display model.
    The AD would most definitely NOT sell any display pieces under strict protocols and regulations dished out by Rolex SA. It is beyond Rolex (and the authorized distribution channels) to engage in such "games" with the bog-standard consumer. The AD would place themselves at risk of censures if anyone blew the whistle on them. Plenty out there (you know who you are) who would not hesitate to make a report.
    Last edited by tomatoes; June 7th, 2019 at 06:14.
    Seiko Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by tomatoes View Post
    ...As a matter of fact, it's no one's prerogative to get mad at Rolex for "trolling". Rolex is entitled to produce, market, and sell their wares in any mode of conduct they prefer. To their detriment some might say? The guys at Rolex probably don't share this same sentiment, and they probably don't care who thinks/speculates what anyway...
    IWC's CEO golden words in marketing, and how carrot/radish-heads willing to be chopped
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatoes View Post
    That's just Rolex policy and nothing to do with the AD, isn't it? Pretty sure the AD would love to make the sale.

I don't get why some of us would be annoyed. As a matter of fact, it's no one's prerogative to get mad at Rolex for "trolling". Rolex is entitled to produce, market, and sell their wares in any mode of conduct they prefer. To their detriment some might say? The guys at Rolex probably don't share this same sentiment, and they probably don't care who thinks/speculates what anyway.

It's somewhat a reflection of how desperate we are for the watches. Like Sporty says, go grey and beat Rolex at their "game". For that matter, Rolex has greater things going on, and is absolutely not interested in playing "games".
    It seems to me that Rolex know exactly what is going on regarding availability & supply, and they seem happy for it to continue = they are playing games.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.YANG View Post
    The term "KING" is well describe to ROLEXES floating around the Asian market.
    It's a ROLEX, it's flippable compare to other bigger and older marques in the horology world.
    So what if you have a Patek, so what if you have a Blancpain, so what if you have a Breguet as well as other niche and exquisite marques? In the flipping world, they cannot get more attention than ROLEX!
    100000%. These aren't watches, they're tradable commodities!!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Patek is still 'top dog' and longer than you have been around.

From your CEO in America on down to the the french fry guy at McDonald's in Singapore, they all know what a Rolex is, they call know what it costs, and they all know what it means.

No one knows what a Patek Phillipe is so it's a complete waste of money.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

Quote Originally Posted by drw2 View Post
    During the economic “down turn” at the AD in West Palm these were selling for under msrp. This will return one day.
    Nope. It's not 2008 anymore. People with real money have discovered Rolex and put it up on a pedestal and that keeps Rolex prices safe.

And the irony is that if there is an economic downturn, those who will be affected are the middle class, the very people scurrying around like mice right now putting themselves on waiting lists, buying warm cookies, and sucking up to their local jewelry store clerks in the hopes of getting a SS Rolex at MSRP. If they can't afford the grey market upcharge today, trust me, they certainly couldn't afford MSRP in a recession.

For the upper class, nothing changes. Oh sure, it's never fun to lose a few million in our portfolio value but we still have several million left and nothing brightens our spirits more than a shiny new trinket to wear out for a night at the opera. In a market correction, the wealthy still take vacations, they still send their kids to summer camp, they still lease new cars, and they still indulge themselves in luxury gifts.
    Panerol Forte likes this.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post

From your CEO in America on down to the the french fry guy at McDonald's in Singapore, they all know what a Rolex is, they call know what it costs, and they all know what it means.

No one knows what a Patek Phillipe is so it's a complete waste of money.
    If you’re trying to impress the Fry Guy at McDonald’s, you win.

But chances are you could have impressed him just as much (if not more) with a less expensive fluted bezel model, so “a complete waste of money.”
    koolpep and blackcutlass like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post

But chances are you could have impressed him just as much (if not more) with a less expensive fluted bezel model, so “a complete waste of money.”

I have one of those too, it's in there somewhere, wait- there it is, center row on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post

I know, it's hilarious. Trying to impress the staff in McDonald's!!!
    Last edited by HiggsBoson; June 7th, 2019 at 15:27.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post

I have one of those too, it's in there somewhere, wait- there it is, center row on the right.
    Good for you.
    blackcutlass likes this.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information