ADs in Singapore are doing this now. - Page 7
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    If you’re trying to impress the Fry Guy at McDonald’s, you win.

But chances are you could have impressed him just as much (if not more) with a less expensive fluted bezel model, so “a complete waste of money.”
    You didn't get it, did you? don't look at it as a picture, look at it as a painting.

Quote Originally Posted by Panerol Forte View Post
    You didn't get it, did you? don't look at it as a picture, look at it as a painting.
    As a painting is probably relatively inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post

From your CEO in America on down to the the french fry guy at McDonald's in Singapore, they all know what a Rolex is, they call know what it costs, and they all know what it means.

No one knows what a Patek Phillipe is so it's a complete waste of money.
    I genuinely couldn't give a hoot what anyone else thought about my watch or what it cost; I buy it for me and because I like it.
    Which is rather fortunate as I'm pretty sure that 99% of the World really don't give a hoot about my choice of watch - so we're all happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson56 View Post
    As a painting is probably relatively inexpensive.
    What I meant by that, is that usually when people look at a picture, they look at it with a realistic eye; when they look at a painting, they see details with a different eye.

Name:  MacDo Paint.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  393.6 KB
    rjohnson56 and sportura like this.

What I meant by that, is that usually when people look at a picture, they look at it with a realistic eye; when they look at a painting, they see details with a different eye.
    That's really creepy looking...
    Panerol Forte likes this.
    "It's so easy to fall in love with a GS Tiffany Snowflake TM."

From your CEO in America on down to the the french fry guy at McDonald's in Singapore, they all know what a Rolex is, they call know what it costs, and they all know what it means.

Implying Patek owners aren't bigger snobs that casually owns Rolexes as beater watches. The whole point of status symbols is one-upmanship, isn't it? Dude sees another dude flashing his Sub, he looks up what's better than a Sub and gets a Daytona. Yet another dude comes in and sees the Daytona, he's gonna look up what's better than a Daytona and get results showing the Holy Trinity brands. He's gonna get a Patek and snubs said Daytona owner as a mere pleb. Exaggeration for the sake of narration, no disrepect to Patek owners that may be reading this . Exhibit A below.

Name:  picture.PNG
Views: 45
Size:  28.4 KB

Besides, I do see the appeal of these watches that no one on the streets can recognize. Not a lot of ppl out there looking for validation from french fry guys, but plenty of ppl that generally do not enjoy spit flavored coke.
    matthew P and drhr like this.
    swinging a wall clock around like captain america's shield

Strange reason to buy a watch.

I hope the Diet Coke in your Happy Meal was not as shallow as you.
    drhr and koolpep like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deepfriedicecubes View Post
    Implying Patek owners aren't bigger snobs that casually owns Rolexes as beater watches. The whole point of status symbols is one-upmanship, isn't it? Dude sees another dude flashing his Sub, he looks up what's better than a Sub and gets a Daytona. Yet another dude comes in and sees the Daytona, he's gonna look up what's better than a Daytona and get results showing the Holy Trinity brands. Exhibit A below.

Name:  picture.PNG
Views: 45
Size:  28.4 KB

Besides, I do see the appeal of these watches that no one on the streets can recognize. Not a lot of ppl out there looking for validation from french fry guys, but plenty of ppl that generally do not enjoy spit flavored coke.
    So, if I understand well, Hip Hop singers are for you the watch authorities on which you base your watch choices. Interesting. Based on that, I imagine you own only Pateks, no Rolexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluco View Post
    Strange reason to buy a watch.

I hope the Diet Coke in your Happy Meal was not as shallow as you.
    There there. Don't go around with personal attacks now. In his defense, if there's a place where fanboying of Rolex is allowed, it's gotta be in a Rolex subforum. Despite the tone around here sometimes, no one's actually running around destroying Omega billboards shouting "Rolex Rulez!!"

So, if I understand well, Hip Hop singers are for you the watch authorities on which you base your watch choices. Interesting. Based on that, I imagine you own only Pateks, no Rolexes.
    I own nothing from the Holy Trinity brands, so there's that. But if you ask random people on the streets a few years ago if they are aware of Patek, most would say no. But now I've heard people who don't even wear watches pronouncing Audemars Piguet correctly.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information