ADs in Singapore are doing this now. - Page 8
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

Quote Originally Posted by deepfriedicecubes View Post
    There there. Don't go around with personal attacks now. In his defense, if there's a place where fanboying of Rolex is allowed, it's gotta be in a Rolex subforum. Despite the tone around here sometimes, no one's actually running around destroying Omega billboards shouting "Rolex Rulez!!"
    +1... but where is it that Rolex fanboys are destroying Omega billboards?

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post

From your CEO in America on down to the the french fry guy at McDonald's in Singapore, they all know what a Rolex is, they call know what it costs, and they all know what it means.

No one knows what a Patek Phillipe is so it's a complete waste of money.
    Sounds to me like you are either compensating for something, or need affirmation from others that you've made the right watch choice.

I buy watches for me, no one else.
    koolpep likes this.
    -----

Watches are like whisky. 1 is good.. 2 is too many.... 3 are not enough........

ADs in Singapore are doing this now.

From your CEO in America on down to the the french fry guy at McDonald's in Singapore, they all know what a Rolex is, they call know what it costs, and they all know what it means.

No one knows what a Patek Phillipe is so it's a complete waste of money.
    New low Sporty! I will say you have more in common with the beloved Ric Flair than I gave you credit for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    koolpep likes this.
    Watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Implying Patek owners aren't bigger snobs that casually owns Rolexes as beater watches. The whole point of status symbols is one-upmanship, isn't it? Dude sees another dude flashing his Sub, he looks up what's better than a Sub and gets a Daytona. Yet another dude comes in and sees the Daytona, he's gonna look up what's better than a Daytona and get results showing the Holy Trinity brands. He's gonna get a Patek and snubs said Daytona owner as a mere pleb. Exaggeration for the sake of narration, no disrepect to Patek owners that may be reading this . Exhibit A below.

Besides, I do see the appeal of these watches that no one on the streets can recognize. Not a lot of ppl out there looking for validation from french fry guys, but plenty of ppl that generally do not enjoy spit flavored coke.
    If someone wants to be King Of The Dainty Dress Watch and look like an old man, Patek wins, have at it. Weddings, funerals, assisted living, they can have those niche spaces.

Rolex wins everywhere else.

You are right about one-upsmanship. But it only counts and the watch only has that kind of power if his audience knows what he's looking at. I don't hang with billionaires very often so I'm quite happy being the King of The 99%'ers. A lot more of them to go around. When I put on my Daytona Ceramic or my Pepsi Ceramic I get noticed 1-2x a day, I'm averaging 15 glances and stares a week. Train commuters, boardroom participants, coffee shop queues, amusement park monorails, luxury resort swimmers, fast food workers. Loving every minute of it.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

Follow Me On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/manofrolex/

Quote Originally Posted by FBPB View Post
    Sounds to me like you are either compensating for something, or need affirmation from others that you've made the right watch choice.

I buy watches for me, no one else.
    Not this boilerplate cliche again.

How about some people just like it when people give them positive attention for the things they own? Pretty simple concept, quite human especially in these days of Instagram and Facebook, no theories about emotional disorders required. I know a guy who drives his Porsche around town very slowly, windows down, likes all the admiration. I know another guy who owns a gorgeous house, he likes to sit in a deck chair and watch the people glance as they walk buy. I know a guy with a beautiful wife, loves to show her off at the country club. Me and my Rolexes, same thing.

You bought your watch for the same reason; you just don't want to admit it because someone told you it was forum taboo. Man-up.
    Rolex Daytona 116500 | Rolex GMT BLRO | Rolex Submariner 5513 | Rolex Explorer 1016 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Datejust 126334 | Man Of Rolex™ Member

I own nothing from the Holy Trinity brands, so there's that. But if you ask random people on the streets a few years ago if they are aware of Patek, most would say no. But now I've heard people who don't even wear watches pronouncing Audemars Piguet correctly.
    What you are saying is true, and it still applies today, to a lesser extent, mainly because of social media, and Hip Hop singers, that discovered AP before Patek (ALL of them wearing fake watches and driving rental luxury sport cars). On the other hand, everybody, since the 60s knows what a Rolex is, even a sheperd in the Himalaya can recognise a Rolex.
    Last edited by Panerol Forte; June 7th, 2019 at 20:31. Reason: Typo
    sportura and BarracksSi like this.

i wouldn't want to admit,but i couldn't deny... i own a Rolex. however,it doesn't bear a crown LOGO,but a shield. it have a heart,structure engineering inherited from it's crowned brother... 😄
    A piece of my favorite timepiece, is like a dish of local delicacies. It's not about how good it may look, or how branded in may came from popular stalls or restaurants. It's always the materials and concoction that produces the best keep!

You bought your watch for the same reason; you just don't want to admit it because someone told you it was forum taboo. Man-up.
    If all of your friends act that way, then it's no wonder you do too.

Get over yourself. Grow a pair and learn to stop worrying what other people think of your wrist trinket. Once those blinders are removed, maybe then you'll have an original thought about what a nice watch actually is. I know it's hard, but give it a try. You'll thank me.
    -----

Watches are like whisky. 1 is good.. 2 is too many.... 3 are not enough........

Quote Originally Posted by FBPB View Post
    If all of your friends act that way, then it's no wonder you do too.

Get over yourself. Grow a pair and learn to stop worrying what other people think of your wrist trinket. Once those blinders are removed, maybe then you'll have an original thought about what a nice watch actually is. I know it's hard, but give it a try. You'll thank me.
    I've owned dozens of nice watches in my lifetime, nothing brings the thrills that a Rolex does. Both Vintage and New, Rolex just owns them all.

There is nothing wrong with owning nice things and having friends, family, and strangers admire them. The entire world of real estate and fine art revolves around this principle. I'm not going to hide my Rolex because you think I should. I'm going to wear it as I wish without a care in the world. If you don't like the fact that I'm getting bathed in attention wherever I go, blame the people staring, it's not my fault that Rolex makes some fantastic looking timepieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.YANG View Post
    i wouldn't want to admit,but i couldn't deny... i own a Rolex. however,it doesn't bear a crown LOGO,but a shield. it have a heart,structure engineering inherited from it's crowned brother...
    That's not a $10,000 Rolex. That's a $2,500 Tudor. Your brothers are Omega and Tag Heuer.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information