Any Thoughts on Rolex Pricing in the next 12 Months
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Any Thoughts on Rolex Pricing in the next 12 Months

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on second hand Rolex pricing? I've seen a slight decrease on some models that I thought were overinflated. I would never pay above retail on a watch. I could have picked up a Batman 2.5 years ago at an AD and passed. Mind you second hand was slightly lower than retail back then too. Now its gone crazy. I got really into higher end watches in 2016, but it seems like in 2015 and prior these issues were no existent. So the question now is where do we go from here? With all that is going on globally watches at that price level are not even on my mind at the moment. How will this affect demand as well?

Don’t pay over retail. Don’t support unscrupulous grey market dealers trying to fleece you. Especially for used pieces that are currently in production.

That’s all you really need to know about Rolex prices for the rest of your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Any Thoughts on Rolex Pricing in the next 12 Months

Absolutely, I've always wanted a DaytonaC in white, but I'll NEVER pay double retail for one. Even though I know I'll most likely never own one. Even the Batman on Jubilee is on my list when things settle financially, but I cant pay over retail for that watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The weakness of this position is you are likely to miss on a dream piece because of ego and pride. I would pay more than retail on a 1964 6538 Rolex any day. I just would not pay 53k, not because I would but I am too poor to play in that pool.

High demand and low availability means retail is a joke. Few people are like me and when I sell a watch I never profiteer. But I never buy a watch considering its resale value. I look for a nice quality piece that I can enjoy.

What kills me is the sad people that are jumping on this virus hoping others will sell their watch for less because they are no longer working. While profiteering sucks it is reasonable, no business would survive if it lived in a state of loss.

I hope you find what you are.looking for but I would be more flexible because for each person like you who will not buy over retail there are a dozen who would and that will make getting what you really want a bit more difficult. Not impossible, good luck.
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

My thoughts are that every few days somebody starts a thread speculating about the trajectory of Rolex prices. It's been a really long time since a fresh idea appeared on any of them.

IBTL
    Is it time for another coffee?

People who (financially) shouldn’t have bought a Rolex at or above market prices may have to sell them in the next 12-24 months. Depending on each person’s finances and how many folks over extended & are forced to sell will dictate how the market goes. Will it dip? I’d say without question. Will it drop & correct you the point where they are selling at retail prices? The economy as a whole would have to take a massive & prolonged wallop I think for that to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BonyWrists View Post
    My thoughts are that every few days somebody starts a thread speculating about the trajectory of Rolex prices. It's been a really long time since a fresh idea appeared on any of them.

IBTL
    This ^^^^^
    The OP should be able to scroll back through old Rolex pricing threads, and have improved insight regarding his inquiry. Virtually every such thread was previously locked that will make his search much easier to navigate. Suspect this thread will bite the dust sooner than later as well.

Yawn...

And we're off.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

5959HH and Aidy like this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

I think the answer to this question is 42.
    SolarPower likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information