WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Anyone Have/Use a Timegrapher For Their Watches?

930 views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  ndrs63 
#1 ·
Product Measuring instrument Technology Medical equipment Scientific instrument

I saw Adrian from Bark & Jack use one of these a few videos back for a Rolex Sub he purchased off of eBay. youtube.com/watch?v=oy_zUzMtqgk&t=348s

Seems like it'll check the basic diagnostic vital signs of a watch pretty darn good.

Any of my fellow watch OCD folks own/use one of these on their watches?

If so, what for? What brand do you have? What brand would you recommend?

Amazon has the same make & model Adrian was using for $135 w/ Prime 2 day shipping.

amazon.com/YaeTek-Timing-Machine-Multifunction-Timegrapher/dp/B079Z2YLCJ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=timegrapher&qid=1564354796&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

THANKS!

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi!

Yes I have one! A cheapo one but it does the job very well.
Since I have plenty of watches I like to check them every now and then for amplitude and accuracy without spending days waiting - it's a quick and convenient way.

At least you know more or less instantly if the watch needs a service....

Reactions: DJSTEVEZ
#5 ·
I've worn Automatic Rolex Watches for a very long time.....
ALL of them kept such great time I never sent any in for adjustment.
Worst case was maybe a minute off over several months.

Regarding Adrian from Bark & Jack....
As I mentioned in my other post regarding him....majoring in the minors is his specialty and this is one example....
Buy a POS off of e-bay because others do it, then fiddle with it endlessly.
Usually most of his collection is across town in a safe deposit box in the bank.
I used to view his channel until he arrived at Basel-World unshaven, with a back-pack over a grubby white t-shirt wanting so badly to be a player in the watch biz.
Poor guy just wants to fit in I think....seems nice enough though....

Over the past several months I've unsubscribed to most Youtube watch gooroos....
Great news for you guys though....I still come to WUS!
:-d

#6 ·
<snip, snip>
I used to view his channel until he arrived at Basel-World unshaven, with a back-pack over a grubby white t-shirt wanting so badly to be a player in the watch biz.
Poor guy just wants to fit in I think....seems nice enough though....
::
Over the past several months I've unsubscribed to most Youtube watch gooroos....
Great news for you guys though....I still come to WUS!
:-d
Aww.. this is so heartwarming. We love you too. :-d

Yeah, Adrian from Bark & Jack is trying hard, some say too hard perhaps. Guess he will eventually find his grove and I hope that he does as he's given up his full time job to become a full time Youtuber and maker of B&J straps.

#10 · (Edited)
See now, I bought a can of "NO THREAD DE-RAIL" and actually believed it was going to work! ;-) :roll:

Anyways...people can say what they want about Adrian, either one likes him or they don't. I find him to be an affable guy. He's got a growing number of subscribers and a deepening network of watch industry insiders. I particularly like his videos that are "in the field" and inside places & events none of us will ever be a part of. From my perspective, many are taking him seriously. I've corresponded with him via email. Without talking outside of school, the guy has a well thought out, extremely credible, master plan. He has a butt load of professional experience from former "lives' that he's leveraging quite well. This is a guy to watch (no pun intended). As far as what he wore to Basel...let's not forget he's from the UK and the event was in the EU. There may be something lost in the fashion translation for those of us in the US. Sometimes it's all about context. -Z-

#11 ·
See now, I bought a can of "NO THREAD DE-RAIL" and actually believed it was going to work! ;-) :roll:

Anyways...people can say what they want about Adrian, either one likes him or they don't. I find him to be an affable guy. He's got a growing number of subscribers and a deepening network of watch industry insiders. Many of his videos are "in the field" and inside places & events none of us will ever be a part of. From my perspective, many are taking him seriously. I've corresponded with him via email. Without talking outside of school, the guy has a well thought out, extremely credible, master plan. He has a butt load of professional experience from former "lives' that he's leveraging quite well. This is a guy to watch (no pun intended). As far as what he wore to Basel...let's not forget he's from the UK and the event was in the EU. There may be something lost in the fashion translation for those of us in the US. Sometimes it's all about context. -Z-
Hi Steve,
Didn't mean to derail....sorry if I did....
I watched Adrian for a while and he definitely seems like a nice fellow, for sure.
Not that there are any "rules" but is he a hobbyist, businessman, watch-technician, etc?
All of the above are fine.....but mine is more of a general Youtube comment....
Some are complete parents basement guys....which is fine.
Others are completely trying to make a living at it....which is fine too....

PS: (Basel) Switzerland is NOT in the EU....:-d

#14 ·
I have one and have used it to verify that one of my watches was screwed, took it to the AD and they fixed it under warranty. it mainly confirms that it's messed up, but not really any solution that I can realistically work on.
They're fun and I enjoy it as a tool.

#16 ·
The 'Weishi' timegrapher in your Amazon link is much better than any phone app. It's a great tool. If you ever buy a watch from someone who says it's been serviced, ask to see a pic of the watch on the microphone clamp with the screen also in shot. That'll soon weed out the dross and highlight the best sellers. I bought mine to help me regulate in real time Seiko watches that I had modded, or ones that came in to mod, to help me decide the best course of action and whether it was worth someone spending money on the aesthetics before looking at the movement itself. It also helps you decide whether you should get a watch in your collection serviced as a low amplitude, or snowy picture can indicate the need for a service.

#17 ·
This may sound strange but I use a phone app. If you just want to know how fast or slow the watch is it’s actually pretty accurate. I use an app called watch tuner. Plug in your earbuds that have the mic and tape or secure the mic with elastics to the back of the case. Make sure you are in a silent room and works like a charm. I’ve tested the results that the app shows with a real world 24 hour time test. And it’s dead on. So if it’s just a simple task then save the money and use your phone. Think the app was $5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I have one. Use it mainly to quickly identify faulty watches when I do face-to-face purchases. Also comes handy to check precision and amplitude to identify need for servicing. I bought the cheapest Chinese one from eBay. Appears to be fully functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.