WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Anyone wear their New 2019 Datejust on Leather bands?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  BundyBear 
#1 ·
Just wondering how the new Datejusts take leather bands, and if that the case chews them up. If anyone does, could you give some advice what straps work the best? Thanks!

#2 ·
Placement of the lug holes are relatively close to the case resulting in straps rubbing against the case. Probably the best straps to use are ones made from shell cordovan due to its abrasion resistance. I’ve intended to try a strap on either my Air-King or Explorer I but thus far haven’t gotten around to it. The consensus is to leave Rolexes on their bracelets.

#7 ·
Placement of the lug holes are relatively close to the case resulting in straps rubbing against the case. Probably the best straps to use are ones made from shell cordovan due to its abrasion resistance. I've intended to try a strap on either my Air-King or Explorer I but thus far haven't gotten around to it. The consensus is to leave Rolexes on their bracelets.
Agree with you in that, ie a Rolex is best left on the bracelet it came with. I once tried a rubber strap on my Sub and went straight back to the bracelet within a day.

I think also that the purpose in the design placement of the lug holes being close to the case is for a tight fit and prevents rattles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.