WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

BB58 Bezel Disassembly pictures

15K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  D6AMIA6N 
#1 ·
My BB58 bezel was a hair off center so I took it apart and fixed it. I also was curious about how it locked in a bit tighter in the 12:00 position. I thought I would share some pictures of the watch with the bezel off/apart. Makes me want a BB36 with this dial. Note - I tend to impulsively try to fix things that might ought to be dealt with by professionals. I am not a watch mechanic. Please do not use my pictures as instructions on how to do this. I did a small amount of aesthetic damage to the case and am probably lucky I didn't break the insert.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Fashion accessory Auto part Metal Brass Copper
Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Analog watch Metal
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brown

See less See more
#3 ·
My BB58 bezel was a hair off center so I took it apart and fixed it. I also was curious about how it locked in a bit tighter in the 12:00 position. I thought I would share some pictures of the watch with the bezel off/apart. Makes me want a BB36 with this dial. Note - I tend to impulsively try to fix things that might ought to be dealt with by professionals. I am not a watch mechanic. Please do not use my pictures as instructions on how to do this. I did a small amount of aesthetic damage to the case and am probably lucky I didn't break the insert.
Yup. You're also lucky that you didn't lose the tiny little springs. Does the bezel become loose after you've reinstated it, or do you feel it is the same?

#7 ·
It feels the same. Was stiff for the first few revolutions but went back to normal. The bezel insert was tough to pop out. I took the whole thing apart a second time and it was much easier to pop out. Makes me wonder if the gunk I cleaned out from the groove the insert snaps in was a mild adhesive. It doesn't appear to be bent.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Wow thats great. Thanks for sharing.

So there are also 4 small springs that seat into the case holes?
Three small springs under a metal washer like thing. The thing at the 9:00 position is the clicker. I watched a few videos of people removing Submariner bezels because I figured Tudor might use a similar design, but it was really different.

#13 ·
do all of the bezels on the tudors have the 'lock-in' at 12 or is that feature specific to the BB58? and can you explain how it works if you figured it out? I don't want to make false assumptions based on the pictures.

I agree with you on the BB 36! It's a great look!

I learned at a young age not to take things apart when I used to play mechanic with my bicycles...

#18 ·
I was not able to figure out exactly how the 12:00 thing worked. I have no idea if other Tudor watches do it too.
Regarding the bike thing, I took my bike apart too, but didn't learn my lesson. Broke lots of bike parts, did become a bike mechanic many years later.

#15 ·
The first time I used the metal pry tool that comes with cheap watch repair kits and it dented the case a little. The second time I used a plastic pry tool I found in the automotive tool section at harbor freight, and that worked great.
I wish I could make a video. I'm am really terrible at that stuff though.

#21 ·
Here is an after picture. Sorry I didn't get better pictures before or during. I have a terrible camera and I take crap pictures.

Also probably should have documented using a ceramic rod to file down the small dings I put in it, and scotch brighting the area to get the brushed look back. I'll take the bracelet off and try to show that part.

#23 ·
Wow! Hats off to you for your courage and great self-work to get your 58 back to proper!

#24 ·
I thought I read somewhere that the black bay bezels had some sort of plastic retainer that will break if you remove the bezel? Then you would have to take it in to Tudor to have them replace the plastic part so the bezel would go back on. I guess not? It sounded reasonable considering tudor wouldnt want to make it easy to switch bezel colors when they want you to buy their other watches.

#27 ·
I'm very curious as to how you did this. I'm not sure i'd be willing to try it at this point, but at some point you kinda have to get in there and clean the inner workings of the bezel out. I've already noticed since owning mine that the bezel has a little bit more grit to it than when I first got it. So I would love to know if it's feasible to do this to clean things out.

I'm a little confused on the springs that you mentioned. So there are 3 springs? I remember seeing in some bezel dissassembly videos for a submariner that theres really only one spring. did they pop out on you once the bezel came off? From the bezel down towards the case, what is the order of the parts? where does that plastic piece go? Directly under the bezel?

Any info would be appreciated! thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.