WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Bezel action when wet

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Daniel234563456 
#1 ·
Folks,
The only Rolex/ Tudor watch with a bezel that I own is the Pelagos.
The bezel action is excellent, no complaints.
However, when it gets wet it starts to grint and feel very resistant to turn and the beautiful crisp clicking sound is gone...
I have read one guy is saying that Tudor said that because the tolerances are so tight, even a drop of water inside can make it difficult to turn. No I am not a professional diver, and not using the bezel too much... But feels weird to me that it would he so difficult to operate a bezel underwater or in wet condition... Feels so basic. I heard that Tudor uses the same ratchet as the sub and it's susceptible for the same thing...
After it gets dry, a few hours later, things become fine again. Can someone shed a light on that phenomenon and what it is? Appreciate your help!

#5 ·
Cant say ive ever moved my bezel IN the water but ill check later on when im in the sea. You may have a bit of sand in there which the water somehow dislodges into the ratchet when in the sea and when it drys out it seats back to a less obstructive position? Ive heard of a couple of folks whose bezels have locked up after a trip to the beach but a rinse in fresh water sorted it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.