WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Bezel on my sub seems to move too easily

5K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Toothbras 
#1 ·
I’m finding that the bezel on my new sub date is regularly off the 12 o’clock position. It seems that it gets moved quite easily. Is that what other sub owners have found?

My Tissot Seastar’s bezel is never off 12 o’clock unless I move it. It’s not as smooth and it takes a tiny bit more effort to make it move but when I set it, it stays in that position. Not always the case with my sub. Can I get that adjusted?

Can an any other sub owners please respond and let me know of their experiences with their sub bezels?

#4 ·
The only time I've noticed the bezel has moved on my Sub is after I've been giving it a polish.
Doesn't seem to move, otherwise. :think:

#8 ·
Mine does not move easily.

#9 ·
its been years since I owned mine (1680), but I recall that mine did not move unless you specifically intended to move it. If you found it out of position once that could be a fluke, but if its happening repeatedly it sounds like it might be a bit looser than normal.

#10 ·
its been years since I owned mine (1680), but I recall that mine did not move unless you specifically intended to move it. If you found it out of position once that could be a fluke, but if its happening repeatedly it sounds like it might be a bit looser than normal.
Jeez, you old man. How much were they then? :think:

Reactions: Toothbras
#11 ·
All of this is relative and subjective. How can we define what is "bezel moves easily"? How easy is easily? To me, all the watch bezels rotate very easily. Never had one which is stiff.

My 114060 rotates easily and is so buttery smooth. Click, click, click, ah... I love the sound it makes. :)

#13 ·
All of this is relative and subjective. How can we define what is "bezel moves easily"? How easy is easily? To me, all the watch bezels rotate very easily. Never had one which is stiff.

My 114060 rotates easily and is so buttery smooth. Click, click, click, ah... I love the sound it makes. :)
I could, I really could, but thought better of it. ;-) (I didn't want to be responsible for the 'lock')

#15 ·
The Bezel on my 16800 did not move when the watch came into contact with something like my jacket sleeve. I would on rare occasion see my bezel out of position. I recently owned (and released) a new ceramic sub, which had a bezel action which was much different than that of my old sub. It had a smoother ratchet action, and made an entirely different noise. It also was much easier to move both into position, and out of position (counter clockwise). I would look down seeming ever or every other day to see the bezel out of position.

I did purchase the ceramic sub pre-owned, so there might be something to the spring being worn. But in the 34+ years I owned my 16800, I never recall the bezel moving as easily as the bezel on the ceramic sub.

YMMV

#24 ·
Thank you all, it seems that the newer ceramic subs have bezels that move a little easier than previous models. Mine moves beautifully smooth and makes the loveliest clicking sound when I move it on purpose. There is a possibility though that mine does need to be tightened so I’ll have it looked at.

#26 ·
Funny, I just made a joke about this tonight. FWIW the bezel on mine turns quite easily, usually a couple clicks throughout the day, it’s pretty annoying since lots of people say the sub has such great bezel action. Pelagos is the all time best, sub isn’t even close

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.