WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Black Bay 58 it is then

3K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  jonesMGMT100 
#1 ·
Ive never thought id do the ‘new watch alert’ but what the heck. This is my first Tudor/Rolex watch and actually my first new watch AD purchase. All my other purchases have been second hand.
I had been back and forth since its release on if this is the perfect watch for me; gold on the bezel? Sheild not rose dial? Fake rivets... etc. Then 2 weeks ago passed a certification test I've been working towards (on wine knowledge, tasting, and service- for service industry) and it just “clicked.” All those little details I was unsure about; if they made the watch not exactly how Id design it, became unimportant and I wanted that watch on my wrist from this point forward. Hadn't even tried it on before. And here we are, Ive been wearing it all week and it is perfect!

This watch exceeded my expectations and the appearance honestly does register different in actual wear, in a way that is not captured in any pictures ive ever seen. The bezel numbers dont read as gold, I really dont notice they just seem like a slightly darker color than silver in person, almost making the bezel insert “pop” less because of a subtler contrast in colors. The rivets on the bracelet actually help the bracelet appear less flashy because the polished sides dont reflect as much light. Its overall a very “not-sparkly” watch which is surprising for any new watch. It feels like putting on a tool watch made by a very nice manufacturer. I am delighted. Thanks for listing to me jaw about my new watch.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
<snip, snip>
I've never thought id do the 'new watch alert' but what the heck.
::
... 2 weeks ago passed a certification test I've been working towards (on wine knowledge, tasting, and service- for service industry) and it just "clicked." All those little details I was unsure about; if they made the watch not exactly how Id design it, became unimportant and I wanted that watch on my wrist from this point forward.
I've been wearing it all week and it is perfect!
This watch exceeded my expectations and the appearance honestly does register different in actual wear, in a way that is not captured in any pictures ive ever seen. The bezel numbers dont read as gold, I really dont notice they just seem like a slightly darker color than silver in person, almost making the bezel insert "pop" less because of a subtler contrast in colors.
...a tool watch made by a very nice manufacturer. I am delighted..
Nonsense, we celebrate people getting their first Rolex or Tudor. It is a religious obligation here. LOL.

Anyway, congratulations on passing your certification and obtaining your first new watch and a Tudor Black Bay 58!

I am glad you saw the light. Here's a toast to your successful career and wear it in good health! |>

#4 ·
Congrats.

I bought a 114060 thinking I would sell my BB58 as I would no longer need it. I listed my sub a few days ago because I realized that I can’t part with the 58...it’s an awesome watch.

#17 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm Rolex and Tudor Forum hospitality! I am really loving this watch and going to make my way down to just this one watch for a while. Its definitely going to be well taken care of but I dont see it increasing in value on my wrist everyday unless I become obscenely famous and then die. But yeah really happy to have this on my wrist through life’s adventures. I just got an authentic Tropic strap I am going to put on it... plus natos and a leather eventually too to make the most of the “one watch collection.” Ill post some pictures when I get the strap in.
Wickets- I cant be sure what your wine shops charge but I can recommend some cool stuff in your ballpark. Look for a Pinot Noir from Scribe, Banshee, Mathieson (Red blend), Donkey and Goat, and Broc Cellars (doesnt do a Pinot but try a Carignan or Nero d’Avola). Id be pretty pumped if someone showed up to my house and brought a bottle of one of those ;)

#20 ·
Thanks for the recs... I bought a bottle of domaine drouhin yesterday which I'm looking forward to trying... Up until recently I would never consider spending more than $20ish for a wine but watches have taught me that sometimes you have to cough up the cash for the good stuff lol... Thanks again for the reply

#21 ·
Great Catch! I also just gotten my 58 about a week ago. :)

#22 ·
Strap monster is great. I love changing out and seeing how it effects the watch’s feel. Here it is on a genuine new Tropic. And had out the Enicar because I am going to sell it but it does make a great 2 watch collection.

Wickets- Anytime. I looked yours up, its probably a great value, its from Dundee Hill AVA which is great for Pinot and Oregon has a little stricter wine laws than the rest of the US so Cheers!

NovJoe- Congratulations. I guess that makes us Black Bay twins if we bought on the same day.

Attachments

#25 ·
Strap monster is great. I love changing out and seeing how it effects the watch's feel. Here it is on a genuine new Tropic. And had out the Enicar because I am going to sell it but it does make a great 2 watch collection.

Wickets- Anytime. I looked yours up, its probably a great value, its from Dundee Hill AVA which is great for Pinot and Oregon has a little stricter wine laws than the rest of the US so Cheers!

NovJoe- Congratulations. I guess that makes us Black Bay twins if we bought on the same day.
BB58 is really living up to its name for being a strap monster! Lovely!

I have gotten mine on 11th August. :)

#26 ·
congrats OP looks amazing - I keep coming back to this watch

had no where that i could buy in AD then all of a sudden there are 2 available on the second hand market only asking a little over RRP...

Any owners got any discounts at ADs or just paid full RRP?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.