Black Bay Bronze and . . . maybe . . . a Daytona
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Black Bay Bronze and . . . maybe . . . a Daytona

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Bay Bronze and . . . maybe . . . a Daytona

Hello all - long time lurker finally ready to make another purchase. I have been in the market to buy a watch recently and think I may pull the trigger on two very different watches; a Black Bay Bronze in slate gray and I'm also considering getting on the waiting list for a steel Daytona (white face).

My questions:
    Is it worth combining these transactions with a watch dealer and perhaps increasing my position in line for the Daytona?

I've very recently moved to the Atlanta, GA, area and there are a lot of ADs. Any recommendations? I'd also be quite happy to transact out of state, but am new to purchasing watches somewhere other than a nearby brick-and-mortar.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Black Bay Bronze and . . . maybe . . . a Daytona

It's worth it if it does move you up on the list, but I seriously doubt a single Black Bay Bronze would be enough to quench the greed of ADs.
    Simon likes this.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Sorry to burst your bubble there but chances are that the people on the list have already bought half a dozen Tudors or Rolex(es) from the AD. The sales person will be polite and add you to their list but it is improbable that you will be bumped up. That is the reality of the current AD market.
    Simon likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trotti View Post
    My questions:
    Is it worth combining these transactions with a watch dealer and perhaps increasing my position in line for the Daytona?
    No, if your plan is to buy a Tudor and that's it.

Yes, if your plan is to keep buying other watches and other jewelry on a continuous basis.

eh, if you want a daytona, better go gray market. But goodluck OP. The BB bronze isnt really hard to get.
    |Ω

Buying a BB Bronze, to get on a submariner list (not hulk), possible, but a daytona? forget it.
    Simon likes this.
    In order I have obtained
    > Seiko - Chronograph SNA013P The Great Blue l Chopard - Mille Miglia GTXL Rosso Corsa l Tudor - Heritage Chrono Blue Monte Carlo
    Seiko 5 - SNXF01K1 Silver Fox l Seiko 5 - SNKP21J1 Middle East Edition l Longines -Heritage 180th Anniversary Chrono
    Omega - Speedmaster Pro Project Alaska l G-Shock - G-9000MX-8 Mudman l Seiko - Prospex SRPB51J1 Samurai
    Grand Seiko SBGJ227 Peacock

My Reviews: Eulit Perlon Strap / Tudor Rubber Strap - Vanguard

Quote Originally Posted by iTreelex View Post
    eh, if you want a daytona, better go gray market. But goodluck OP. The BB bronze isnt really hard to get.
    I think availability/scarcity can be a local thing, to some extent. I've been to three ADs and none had them in stock so to me, the BB bronze seemed to be a tough find compared to some. Got a call tonight that one that was promised to someone else had fallen through and I scooped it up. And, to no surprise, everyone's hunch seems true. The fact that I was buying a Tudor seemed to have no impact on the Daytona. I'll go on a list and wait - in a couple years . . . who knows?

Thanks all for the replies.

mav

Unfortunately it'll take a lot more purchases, as much as $200K worth at some AD's, to qualify you to be added to the real Daytona list.

Congrats on your BB Bronze!
    ♛ Rolex | Ω Omega | IWC | Zenith | Tudor | Seiko
    @aguynamedtommy

Adding a picture of the watch. Incredibly happy with this buy. I’ve worn a speedy for years, my father’s, and have and will continue to love that watch, but there’s something special about buying your own “nice” watch.
    mav, radarcontact and Simon like this.

Looks good! As above though on the Daytona; don't hold your breath!
    Brother of OoO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information