WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Black Bay Case Height and Lug Hole Location

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  johnuf78 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone’s noticed the spring bar hole location in Tudor’s Black Bay case is very low in relation to the case. This makes the watch sit very high. I attached some pictures to show this compared to a Breitling Superocean Special. Is there any practical reason for this. It makes the watch look really tall when you’re wearing it on a strap.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I’m normally a strap guy but I’m thinking about putting my Black GMT and Pelagos LHD back on the bracelets just for this reason. It’s one of those once it’s seen it can’t be unseen. I attached a couple more pics... one of a SMP pic I grabbed online and other of my JLC which is a big and tall watch. The Tudor on the strap just looks way out of balance.

Attachments

#4 ·
Hmmm. A manufacturer making it hard for people to buy after market straps/bracelets so you only purchase their options? Try buying a strap for a North Flag! I know what you mean though. The BB looks good on a nato if you fancy a change from the bracelet. Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#6 ·
I think NATO push the watch up too high. I know I’m being picky... but watches with protruding casebacks tend to have this effect. Currently wearing mine on an MN strap since it’s only single layer so it’s not as bad as a NATO. Probably going to sell the rest of my tudors except the GMT just because of the lug hole location.

Attachments

#8 ·
Exactly. I wear planet oceans that are 17mm+ on height but they’re spread out over a 43.5-45mm case. Same height on 41mm just doesn’t work.

Another side effect is the lug hole placement is it enlarges the overall diameter of the strap. It’s at the outer most part of the case so it makes the overall circumference bigger. I was wondering why ETA BB was having issues fitting under a cuff when other watches that were thicker fit better. So can’t just got by case thickness. Case shape and strap choices make a big difference. Found a couple shots to compete. Both shirts are fitted and made by the same tailor. So cuffs are identical. Comparing the ETA Black Bay and Rolex Root Beer on bracelet.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.