Black Bay GMT AD change from strap to bracelet
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Black Bay GMT AD change from strap to bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Bay GMT AD change from strap to bracelet

Hi all-

I've been looking for a Black Bay GMT for a while. I've found an AD that has one in stock but it's on the leather strap. He has offered to change this out with a bracelet from another Black Bay 41. I'm wondering if this will pose problems down the line if i decide to sell the watch. This is my first foray into Tudor so I'm not sure what issues might come up with being on a different band than it left the factory with.

Thx for any input.

Tom
    TAG Heuer F1 from college| Seiko Snd589p1 BAR Honda Edition | Timex Marlin Snoopy |
    Undone X One World Snoopy chrono 55/150 | Seiko SNK803 |
    Glycine GL0043 INCURSORE Cali Dial | Spinnaker Wreck SP-5065 |
    Spinnaker Bradner SP-5062 | WUS F72 Project 2014 Green |
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage GMT | Steinhart Ocean One Vintage | Helson Hammerhead |
    1973 Bulova Senator Blue and Orange | Oris Diver 65 40MM | (Incoming) Tudor Black Bay GMT

Re: Black Bay GMT AD change from strap to bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Tom View Post
    Hi all-

I've been looking for a Black Bay GMT for a while. I've found an AD that has one in stock but it's on the leather strap. He has offered to change this out with a bracelet from another Black Bay 41. I'm wondering if this will pose problems down the line if i decide to sell the watch. This is my first foray into Tudor so I'm not sure what issues might come up with being on a different band than it left the factory with.

Thx for any input.

Tom
    If you are talking about the black bay 41 without the divers bezel I don’t think that would fit and it doesn’t have the rivet bracelet so it wouldn’t be the correct version. Frankly I’m surprised an AD would do this as the black bay leather straps are different between most models and wouldn’t be correct for the model he’s looking to switch with. Most good AD’s will offer to order the bracelet at cost if they don’t have the bracket version, which is a pretty good deal so you have the leather and deployant clasp as options for other configurations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All 41mm Tudor Black Bay divers have 22mm lugs. The bracelets are identical and are interchangeable. Same with the straps. If he is willing to remove a bracelet from another BB he has for sale and sell it to you on the GMT, go for it. Many ADs would not offer to do this so take advantage of this.

He may have a spare BB bracelet in stock, I know mine usually does, so it may not actually be coming from another watch.

Will it pose an issue down the road if you decide to sell it? That depends on the buyer. The reference number will obviously not match up with the watch but I don’t think anyone would care at least I wouldn’t, but everyone is different.

It’s a fantastic watch, my absolute favorite. The bracelet is the way to go, btw.

Good luck.
    Last edited by bigjaymofo; 6 Days Ago at 02:56.
    ATL_Tom likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

snap it up with the leather and just try and order the bracelet after the fact, theyre hard to find, dont loose it
    ATL_Tom likes this.

Omega "Skyfall" Aqua Terra 8500

They appear on shopping windows..
    not that rare
    buy it on the bracelet
    ATL_Tom likes this.

Personally love the leather: Name:  E8C24CB1-7A67-4793-A07B-BC345D04FE72.jpeg
Views: 55
Size:  672.4 KB
    Brey17 and ATL_Tom like this.

I think the AD had a change of heart. He called back to say it would be better to wait for the watch that he has coming in Aug that will have the bracelet from the factory. This is actually what I had expected when I contacted them. Also this is my first purchase at this level and I'm a little more comfortable this way. He is giving me a small discount from MSRP.
    KiwiWomble likes this.
    TAG Heuer F1 from college| Seiko Snd589p1 BAR Honda Edition | Timex Marlin Snoopy |
    Undone X One World Snoopy chrono 55/150 | Seiko SNK803 |
    Glycine GL0043 INCURSORE Cali Dial | Spinnaker Wreck SP-5065 |
    Spinnaker Bradner SP-5062 | WUS F72 Project 2014 Green |
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage GMT | Steinhart Ocean One Vintage | Helson Hammerhead |
    1973 Bulova Senator Blue and Orange | Oris Diver 65 40MM | (Incoming) Tudor Black Bay GMT

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Tom View Post
    I think the AD had a change of heart. He called back to say it would be better to wait for the watch that he has coming in Aug that will have the bracelet from the factory..
    That is even better because the reference number would match the configuration of the watch, i.e. reflect that it came with the bracelet.
    ATL_Tom likes this.

I'm usually a bracelet guy, but for some reason Tudor's look better to me on a strap.

It's probably better that the OP wait for the bracelet version if that's what they want. IIRC, if they bought the Tudor on leather and swapped out the bracelet, the original warranty card, "strap" would have been written on the card. No big deal, but I believe the watch has to match what's on the warranty card when sending it to a RSC for service.

Really? So if I buy a watch on a strap, and put it on a bracelet, they won't service it? Crazy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information