Bluesy vs. BLNR
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bluesy vs. BLNR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bluesy vs. BLNR

Alright guys - I hate asking these types of questions, but I have been toiling over the issue for weeks now and can't seem to decide. Can I please get some opinions on the matter of; 116613lb (bluesy) vs. 116710blnr (batman).

I should preface this topic by listing my current collection: Omega PO Orange Bezel, 116610LVc, 116710blnr, Cartier Tank Solo XL, Breitling Navitimer, Bretiling Chronomat (blue dial/blue leather).

Initially, I bought the blnr because I didn't like the idea of having two submariners. Seemed too similar to me. What also really drew me in to the blnr was the large print on the bezel, black dial made it very versatile to wear, and the blue on the bezel for the pop of color. I wear a lot of blue and this is gets worn a lot. Recently, I've been developing an affection for the bluesy and love the sunburst blue dial. I go back and forth in my head. The blnr is def more functional and more versatile in my eyes. But the blue of the bluesy is very cool.

What would ya'll do?

PS: My plan down the road is to sell the Cartier and Breitilng Chronomat and add the Patek Philippe Caltrava in rose gold. So I will get some gold in the collection either way.

Re: Bluesy vs. BLNR

Sounds like you really love the BLNR. I probably wouldn’t do it.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

It actually sounds like you're drawn to the Bluesy but are trying to sell yourself on the functionality of the BLNR.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great situation to be in sir. The orange PO and 116610LVc tells me you don't mind wrist attention so the bluesy is in line with that. Gets you into PM also.

I would make sure I had a chance to try on the bluesy before buying it. That's in white gold, right? You may find it's not as comfortable on the wrist as what you're accustomed to.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post
    I would make sure I had a chance to try on the bluesy before buying it. That's in white gold, right? You may find it's not as comfortable on the wrist as what you're accustomed to.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    Its in SS and Yellow Gold Center links on the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post

Regards,
    Alysandir
    You are mistaking with the Smurf; too many nicknames already...
    5959HH likes this.

Having a Bluesy in the family I definitely think the BLNR is a better watch. I’m only saying this because I like having exclusive/limited watches so a BLNR would be the go to for me. That’s not to say that the Bluesy isn’t a beautiful watch because it is. The BLNR is exclusive, keeps value, and may appreciate in value.

I like the BLNR better, and it's more likely to appreciate in value. I believe pieces with precious metal typically depreciate quite a bit.

I have both and based on your collection and adding a watch in rose gold, I would get BLNR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information