Current going rate for Rolex Submariner Date 16610 (pre-ceramic) in the UK
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By thx67

Thread: Current going rate for Rolex Submariner Date 16610 (pre-ceramic) in the UK

Current going rate for Rolex Submariner Date 16610 (pre-ceramic) in the UK

Looking to source the above watch. Ideally a clean model with full box/papers from the years 2007 - 2010.

There are plenty around but the prices are all over the place, especially with artificial prices from dealers who offer differing discounts.

What’s a good price for one of these at the moment or what you would be willing to pay in the UK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Current going rate for Rolex Submariner Date 16610 (pre-ceramic) in the UK

When I bought my 14060m I was faced with the same huge variation of prices. For me it came down to what price I was willing to pay and to get the best possible condition including sharp case and lugs, chamfers present, coronet sharp and prominent on clasp and with minimal bracelet stretch, with box papers and serviced within the last couple of years. Lastly, buy the seller. Probably the most important thing.

Take your time and enjoy the process.

Good luck.

Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thesurreywatchguy/

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial, Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall", Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

£7k should get you an unpolished full set from a dealer. If it doesn’t they’re dreaming.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Its a weird time for buying anything at the moment. Rolex pricing has always been weird so theyre probably going to get even weirder. They could be £30k by the end of the week, or £5k by tomorrow. I dont envy you trying to source one at the moment. There are so many dealers out there that aren't particularly straight. I looked around last year and you really need your wits about you. Its not that theyre being openly dishonest but youve got look for distractions like all links being included. That was one of the main stumbling blocks for me in buying online. Some even ask for your wrist measurement so they can guarantee a fit so, as Solesman has said you really need to trust the seller. Their definition of "serviced" can vary too. Theres a difference between a watch coming back from a Rolex service and being serviced in the dealers workshop. The latter could mean opening the back and blowing on it. Maybe thats why prices are so variable. If you want I can PM you a dealer who may have one or at least will look out for one and hes trustworthy although not the cheapest. Best of luck sourcing your watch

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    Its a weird time for buying anything at the moment. Rolex pricing has always been weird so theyre probably going to get even weirder. They could be £30k by the end of the week, or £5k by tomorrow. I dont envy you trying to source one at the moment. There are so many dealers out there that aren't particularly straight. I looked around last year and you really need your wits about you. Its not that theyre being openly dishonest but youve got look for distractions like all links being included. That was one of the main stumbling blocks for me in buying online. Some even ask for your wrist measurement so they can guarantee a fit so, as Solesman has said you really need to trust the seller. Their definition of "serviced" can vary too. Theres a difference between a watch coming back from a Rolex service and being serviced in the dealers workshop. The latter could mean opening the back and blowing on it. Maybe thats why prices are so variable. If you want I can PM you a dealer who may have one or at least will look out for one and hes trustworthy although not the cheapest. Best of luck sourcing your watch
    Any contacts you have would be great.

Looking at a few at the moment but not 100% sold, especially as they are bank transfers for an unseen watch from a private seller although the prices are looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunlawler View Post

Looking at a few at the moment but not 100% sold, especially as they are bank transfers for an unseen watch from a private seller although the prices are looking good.

PM sent. Personally I would tread carefully with deals like that, especially with a Rolex, even worse, submariner as youll have zero comeback. Sellers on here are a different matter though. As long as theyre established, you should be fine. If youre shelling out a lot of money, its worth adding a few extra £ for peace of mind. Check fake busters section for how easily these deals can go wrong.

PM sent. Personally I would tread carefully with deals like that, especially with a Rolex, even worse, submariner as youll have zero comeback. Sellers on here are a different matter though. As long as theyre established, you should be fine. If youre shelling out a lot of money, its worth adding a few extra £ for peace of mind. Check fake busters section for how easily these deals can go wrong.
    @shaunlawler, you have done a lot of research on WUS by starting a lot of discussion threads asking to select the watch but the most important question of all you have not asked is "who is a trusted seller?"

I suggest that you trawl through the pages of WUS and see the number of scams and how unsuspecting buyers are scammed. Learn more about the modus operandi of scammers so that you don't fall into that trap. Normally prices that look good are red flags.

@shaunlawler, you have done a lot of research on WUS by starting a lot of discussion threads asking to select the watch but the most important question of all you have not asked is "who is a trusted seller?"

I suggest that you trawl through the pages of WUS and see the number of scams and how unsuspecting buyers are scammed. Learn more about the modus operandi of scammers so that you don't fall into that trap. Normally prices that look good are red flags.

Found a 2010 14060m in good condition with full box and papers for £6,400, after negotiating a reduction.

The only thing is it doesn't look like it has had a service, as no service receipts and current owner is the 2nd owner.

Is this a good price and would you buy without a service? I can always service myself once received.