Customer Service & DavidSW
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Customer Service & DavidSW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up Customer Service & DavidSW

So I sent an email into DavidSW via their website on Sunday.

They answered me about an hour or so later...on a Sunday! And not an auto-reply either. Someone read my email & responded back with pertinent information. It appears that it was David himself. ON A SUNDAY! I was floored. Bravo!

I don't know about anyone else, but customer service, if it isn't dead everyplace else, it's on a respirator.

I just wanted to share that here given he's a forum sponsor and for all those who may be thinking about buying a watch from him/them.

-Z-
    draperfish and EightEyes like this.
    Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial Chronograph 44 mm Regatta 212.30.44.50.01.002
    Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer 2531.80.00
    ArmourLite Automatic AL401
    ArmourLite Professional Series AL46
    Movado Museum Classic
    Seiko Kinetic 5M42-0M09
    Casio AMW320D-9EV Ana-Digi Alarm Chronograph Dive Watch

Re: Customer Service & DavidSW

Normal practice by him.. There are quite a few here that are the same.
    5959HH likes this.
    [14xOoO]+22222 44444 55555 66666

Quote Originally Posted by DJSTEVEZ View Post
    So I sent an email into DavidSW via their website on Sunday.

They answered me about an hour or so later...on a Sunday! And not an auto-reply either. Someone read my email & responded back with pertinent information. It appears that it was David himself. ON A SUNDAY! I was floored. Bravo!

I don't know about anyone else, but customer service, if it isn't dead everyplace else, it's on a respirator.

I just wanted to share that here given he's a forum sponsor and for all those who may be thinking about buying a watch from him/them.

-Z-
    That's nice of DavidSW, but it seems like you have pretty low expectations. Most people are expected to be monitoring emails on the weekend.
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Montblanc Star Chronograph
    Montblanc TimeWalker Dual Carbon Chronograph

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

David is one of the absolute best in the business. I've both bought and sold watches to him and he has always been fantastic to deal with.
    DJSTEVEZ and draperfish like this.
    Current Collection:
    Rolex GMT-II 116710BLNR
    Rolex Sub-C 116610LV
    Rolex Explorer Mk2 214270
    Hermes Slim d'Hermes Blue
    Seiko Prospex SPB077J1(SBDC061)

Quote Originally Posted by gyang333 View Post
    That's nice of DavidSW, but it seems like you have pretty low expectations. Most people are expected to be monitoring emails on the weekend.
    I don't know if my expectations are low or if it's my experiences.
    In my business I do email & text pretty much 7 days a week, even when I'm away (usually Aruba).

I don't think most Rolex ADs would've emailed back on a Sunday or Tourneau, or any shoppe that's not a boutique operation the way David's is. -Z-
    heineken4u likes this.
    Rolex Submariner Date 116610LN
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial Chronograph 44 mm Regatta 212.30.44.50.01.002
    Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer 2531.80.00
    ArmourLite Automatic AL401
    ArmourLite Professional Series AL46
    Movado Museum Classic
    Seiko Kinetic 5M42-0M09
    Casio AMW320D-9EV Ana-Digi Alarm Chronograph Dive Watch

Though I have never bought from David, I appreciate it that you are posting good feedback and good to celebrate good customer service. So many threads are started by disgruntled customers (not of DavidSW of course) that you seem to think it is the norm of all watch sellers and ADs.
    DJSTEVEZ likes this.

Yep, only bought one watch from David and had the same experience; he is super prompt to respond.

I also had to move some money from one account to my primary one (which took a day or two) and he removed the watch listing for me as it was/is a high demand item
    DJSTEVEZ likes this.
    Brother of OoO

Bought my first watch from David last week, all my emails were answered promptly, excellent customer service in my opinion. The watch arrived better than expected, he's definitely first on my list for my next purchase.
    DJSTEVEZ likes this.

My experience with DavidSW hasn’t been as rosy as others have described. He does answer emails promptly, I’ll give him that. But so does every other reputable dealer who advertises on the Forum.
    I inquired about a piece he had on his website and asked about trade value of a couple watches I had towards the purchase. To say he lowballed me would be an understatement. He offered absolutely laughable trade values, only rivaled by what Govberg once offered me. It was explained to me afterwards, by someone else, that he takes certain watches on trades as a wholesaler and then dumps them to other used watch sellers. I certainly would have appreciated a more upfront and honest communication from him as to what I could expect and why, instead of a two line email with ridiculous numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSTEVEZ View Post
    I don't know if my expectations are low or if it's my experiences.
    In my business I do email & text pretty much 7 days a week, even when I'm away (usually Aruba).

I don't think most Rolex ADs would've emailed back on a Sunday or Tourneau, or any shoppe that's not a boutique operation the way David's is. -Z-
    Given his markup, I'd say it's in his best interests to be responding to emails daily. I'd do the same.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information