WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

A day to celebrate...

4K views 45 replies 29 participants last post by  alexiusmeinong 
#1 ·
July 17th handed me an unexpected surprise ... my AD offered me the opportunity to purchase a BLNR on jubilee. I was not on a wait list - in fact, I just went in to the store to check on a DJ41 I ordered 2 months previous.

The DJ41 was to be the dressy compliment to my Sub ND. I had no plans on owning 3 Rolex watches ... I am not a collector but an enthusiast who prefers 2-3 watches that I wear every day/week.

Of course, I jumped at the opportunity of the new BLNR but was unsure what to do? Should I keep all three watches? Should I sell BLNR for profit and essentially "pay" for my new DJ41 (basically a free Rolex)? Should I keep BLNR & Sub? Should I keep BLNR & DJ41? There were many choices.

So, in the mean time, I keep the BLNR in my safe with protective tape on its edges not knowing whether I should keep it or sell it.

Well, the protective tape was peeled off yesterday and the BLNR is definitely mine to keep! [emoji4]

Now, I'll just have to determine if I keep my Sub or DJ41 or both after my new DJ41 arrives.

So, it's time for me to kick back and enjoy MY new wrist buddy [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
July 17th handed me an unexpected surprise ... my AD offered me the opportunity to purchase a BLNR on jubilee. I was not on a wait list - in fact, I just went in to the store to check on a DJ41 I ordered 2 months previous.

The DJ41 was to be the dressy compliment to my Sub ND. I had no plans on owning 3 Rolex watches ... I am not a collector but an enthusiast who prefers 2-3 watches that I wear every day/week.

Of course, I jumped at the opportunity of the new BLNR but was unsure what to do? Should I keep all three watches? Should I sell BLNR for profit and essentially "pay" for my new DJ41 (basically a free Rolex)? Should I keep BLNR & Sub? Should I keep BLNR & DJ41? There were many choices.

So, in the mean time, I keep the BLNR in my safe with protective tape on its edges not knowing whether I should keep it or sell it.

Well, the protective tape was peeled off yesterday and the BLNR is definitely mine to keep! [emoji4]

Now, I'll just have to determine if I keep my Sub or DJ41 or both after my new DJ41 arrives.

I am not sure you did the right choice. Well, you see, after spending 24 days in your safe out of harm's way, here it is, laying there, on the arm of a chair, with a beer cap dangerously close to it! You, Sir, are being reckless, and I, for one, think that this watch should return to the safety of the safe.

Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory

#14 ·
I really like the DJ41 too....in many variations....the blue-smooth-jubilee is awesome Dougie is getting.

I've only been to the moon 3 times and felt under gunned.....so I bought a GMT to keep track of which time zone I splash down in.
I already have the Daytona for Go-Cart Racing at the track near the 500 Speedway, so Ill use that for re-entry into our atmosphere on my next trip.
:-d

#23 · (Edited)
You are celebrating because you finally took the stickers off a watch that you bought several weeks ago? Wow. Congratulations. It's sad what Rolex watches have become. Sheesh.
I thought he kept the sticker or protective tape on because he hadn't decided whether to keep it or sell it. Now the OP decided to keep it so off they come. Kind of makes sense I thought.

#19 ·
Each to their own but anyone leaving stickers on is more interested in value than the watch itself but that’s the way it is now. I’m feeling a wind of change though as prices have now got beyond the ‘let’s buy a Rolex and double our money brigade’ and stock is now hanging around unsold because the new speculator can’t afford them.
I’m glad the OP saw the light and made a good choice. Rip them stickers off!

#31 ·
Sour grapes. Lighten up, Francis. Let the man enjoy the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I vote for you selling the BLNR just so you quit spamming TRF and WUS with the same pics of your watch. Every single post you slam with pics, man. It's getting ridiculous. Sell it. Please. Then delete your account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.