WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The difference between Rolex AD in Europe VS the US.

3K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  Panerol Forte 
#1 ·
Genuine question. I just read a thread that was unfortunately closed, presumably as it deteriorated into fury about Grey market prices and Rolex pricing strategies etc but one aspect intrigued me. Someone mentioned Rolex ADs in the US being different to the European ADs in particular the UK. Ive never seen a scruffy Rolex AD in the UK, ever. Maybe Rolex have stricter control policies in Europe? Just curious to hear from US buyers as to their experience of their ADs. Are they really like "sporturas" colourful vision? ive never seen a yellow haired, lipstick on her teeth, sales lady in a Rolex AD.

#2 ·
Genuine question. I just read a thread that was unfortunately closed, presumably as it deteriorated into fury about Grey market prices and Rolex pricing strategies etc but one aspect intrigued me. Someone mentioned Rolex ADs in the US being different to the European ADs in particular the UK. Ive never seen a scruffy Rolex AD in the UK, ever. Maybe Rolex have stricter control policies in Europe? Just curious to hear from US buyers as to their experience of their ADs. Are they really like "sporturas" colourful vision? ive never seen a yellow haired, lipstick on her teeth, sales lady in a Rolex AD.
Don't think you are allowed to say this anymore, think it has to be salesperson! 'He' may also wish to have yellow hair and wear lipstick. (you should see me on a Saturday night) ;-)
Anyway, I'm in before the inevitable lock! :-d

#3 ·
Don't think you are allowed to say this anymore, think it has to be salesperson! 'He' may also wish to have yellow hair and wear lipstick.
Anyway, I'm in before the inevitable lock! :-d
You must be from 2019! I still call em sales birds. Muttered through a cloud of cigarette smoke and clenched teeth. On a serious note, why would it be locked? Ive seen a few threads that DO need a lock due to the raging and mud slinging that goes on but I would like to hope a thread like this would get a few sensible answers. Not for a second saying US ADs are worse or better. Ive had crappy experiences in lovely looking UK stores with green mirrors and white chairs. I suppose I should go in wearing a shirt and eat the sausage roll BEFORE I go in.

#5 ·
Are they really like "sporturas" colourful vision? ive never seen a yellow haired, lipstick on her teeth, sales lady in a Rolex AD.
He got flipped off by a yellow haired, lipstick on teeth, minimum wage sales lady once on a Daytona and it left him salty.

There are smart and ugly Rolex AD's in the UK.
Mappin and Webb are about the smartest.
Earnest Jones were the ugliest but lost the licence a few years back.
Not sure who the ugliest is now.

#7 ·
He got flipped off by a yellow haired, lipstick on teeth, minimum wage sales lady once on a Daytona and it left him salty.

There are smart and ugly Rolex AD's in the UK.
Mappin and Webb are about the smartest.
Earnest Jones were the ugliest but lost the licence a few years back.
Not sure who the ugliest is now.
This is the welcome I got from the sales advisor at my local Rolex AD. I think she wins the title. :think: In 'her' favour though, no blonde hair and no lipstick on her teeth. Actually, I'm not sure she had any.

Attachments

#6 ·
On a more serious note, the last time I visited my local Rolex AD looking for a hard to find unicorn, he enquired if I were a 'whale'?
I thought he was asking about the wife and told him, 'she's at home'. He looked confused. :-s

#13 ·
I think the “scruffy” ones are losing their AD status. All the Ben Bridges I frequent are surprisingly “down to earth;” which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Surprisingly the ones here in SoCal are little different than a Zales and are still found in malls.

That's cool for me because I’m from the 80s. I love checking out Datejusts with a Hotdog on a Stick and an Orange Julius.

#14 ·
I love checking out Datejusts with a Hotdog on a Stick and an Orange Julius.
I can think of few better ways to spend an afternoon. Since this is a watch forum I was going to rank those items in order of preference, but found it to be an impossible task. If some folks are having trouble understanding this I'll note that Hot Dog on a Stick = corn dog.

#16 · (Edited)
Here in Dubai our Rolex Boutiques are all run by the local distributor of course. Great sales personal, very friendly and courteous.

Last weekend the two Boutiques in the Dubai Mall were very busy - we have 2 in one mall, "small" one at the main entrance and the 3 floor largest Rolex Boutique in the world in the new fashion avenue part of the mall.

In order to keep it in the flavor of the thread so far - let me show you the toilets of the mall first:

Machine Machine tool Space Metal

Cubicles....

Ceiling Wood Beam Hardwood Room

Property Room Interior design Building Wall

Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of the Rolex boutique head on - but you can see it here to the left of Dolce & Gabbana behind the escalator:

Architecture Urban area Design Building City

And here is the outside shot:
Building Architecture Property Facade House

more here: https://gulfbusiness.com/worlds-largest-rolex-boutique-opens-dubai/

Visit the link to see which floor offers what. I really like the 3rd floor.
Cheers...

P.S.: Purchasing your Rolex here is quite an experience. I doubt grey market dealers can replicate that.

#21 ·
Here in Dubai our Rolex Boutiques are all run by the local distributor of course. Great sales personal, very friendly and courteous.

Last weekend the two Boutiques in the Dubai Mall were very busy - we have 2 in one mall, "small" one at the main entrance and the 3 floor largest Rolex Boutique in the world in the new fashion avenue part of the mall.
Did the boutiques have any SS models for sale?

P.S.: Purchasing your Rolex here is quite an experience. I doubt grey market dealers can replicate that.
What do they do in the way of the experience? Probably not champagne...

#20 ·
Thanks for the replies so far. Interesting to see the Dubai store. That corporate Rolex vibe is pretty much what I see in the UK although not quite as smart as the Dubai store. I cant help feeling the Rolex sections of these places are starting to swamp the rest of the store. Ive seen a couple of places over here where the little green section in the corner is expanding every time they have a refit so its looking like a Rolex boutique that also stocks a couple of other brands. Without poking the sport model fire, I still find it odd that they are spending so much money on these refits (to keep their brand image looking smart, crisp and professional) only to have half their range on show. No response necessary to that last sentence. I can read the last 5 threads started this week with "grey" in the title for theories on the reason.

#23 ·
I would think they are preparing for something. Wouldn't you?

Whatever it is it will be painfully slow.

#25 ·
They can be. I know of at least two jewelers in my area that were small, not-chain-store jewelers, that had the tiniest Rolex presence you could imagine. One of them, their tiny Rolex case was the only watches they were selling.

Given the uptick in demand worldwide for Rolex, I would theorize a lot of these stores aren't going to continue their relationship with Rolex, simply because they cannot move enough product to warrant any required renovations.

Regards,
Alysandir

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.