Do you like your Tudor GMT?
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Do you like your Tudor GMT?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Title says it all. I don't have a huge collection but every single piece in my collection I genuinely love day in and day out. When I take it out and put it on I can't believe I don't wear it more except one. The black sheep. My Tudor GMT. I don't get it, some days I love it, today is one of them. I look at it and it's a great watch, in house movement, excellent finishing, great value for the price (I did pay retail couldn't even get the guy to budge 5 bucks), and I wear it a lot.

The thing is its the only watch I put on and I kind of look at and I'm not sure if I like it some days. I thought about selling it but can't bring myself to do it.

My personal reasons for not liking it are:
    • Some days I hate the the snowflake hands. I don't know why but it's hit or miss. one day they are great one day I hate them.
    • The case seems really thick - and I like big watches. I think this comes from a Sub being my daily wearer but it's just thick feeling. Then I look at the case and there is excellent attention on every face and curve.
    • The damn fake rivets. Why. Honestly why!!!! The bracelet is awesome, fantastic and made to such a high quality. They put as much effort into polishing these rivets as they would have put into just putting real ones! or in my personal opinion left them off and keep the bracelet the same! (for the record I've tried a number of aftermarket ones and they don't match up finish wise with the case, but I'm open to suggestions!!!!)
    • The lume. I know they are separate but I would kill for this watch with the Rolex chromalight.

Now I fully understand the reasons behind most of these things - Tudor is not Rolex, Tudor makes watches with a retro vibe and more "on the edge" and Rolex makes 1 watch for 50 years and changes the font and it's worth my salary. I fully understand these things. This is just the only watch I put on and question.

that being said I am wearing my Tudor GMT right now and when I was walking the dog I was admiring how great it looked in the sun light. Today is a good day!

Also, please keep this thread relatively free of any complaints about the malfunctions with the date or forever waiting times. I was a lucky one, mine has been flawless since day one. I'd be very let down if I spent this money on a watch just for it to have a problem and then spend months without it.

Re: Do you like your Tudor GMT?

I love mine. Wearing it today in fact.
    JMVNYC likes this.

So, I bought my first one in December 2018, wore it a fair bit...and didnít bond with it. Sold it in March 2019 and didnít miss it.

But then, I began appreciating it more in absentia, and by June 2019, I started looking for another one in earnest. That proved to be a chore - at one point, I was in something like 10-12 ADs between Baltimore, DC, Virginia, Buffalo, several in Florida, a handful in Texas and Oregon, over a three week period, and couldnít find a single one.

One of my favorite SAs and one of my favorite ADs, in Fort Myers, FL, texted me in late August 2019 and told me she had a guy flake on one and asked me whether I was interested. Picked it up and have been wearing the hell out of it since.

I also have a decent collection, but I missed a few aspects of the BB GMT. I like the fact the GMT is the only BB with bevels on the underside of the case to undercut the relative thickness of it. I daily a Sea-Dweller, so the thickness itself doesnít bother me, and I tend to enjoy a watch with some heft. Between the bevels and the rounded caseback, the watch sits very comfortably on my wrist.

I enjoy the aluminum bezel insert, and am looking forward to seeing it age over time. The dial is pleasing and I like the snowflake hands. I think the watch is legible, and dig the date feature sans cyclops - also a feature I like on my Sea-Dwellers.

I know you said you dislike the rivet bracelet, but I donít mind it at all. I was able to find a comfortable fit on the GMT with rivet bracelet, which I wasnít able to get on the 79220r, back when I owned my first BB (which has since departed, along with my first 79220n).

Itís also a watch that flies relatively under the radar, compared to others, but with the GMT function and 200m water resistance, itís one Iím good bringing on vacation. Itís also got a nice tool watch look that I find versatile and works with business casual dress to shorts and a tee, which puts it up top of the travel rotation as well.

Bottom line, Iím glad I picked one up after selling the first. Cool watch, works for me.
    Last edited by MickCollins1916; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:42.
    JMVNYC and trf2271 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well said, like I said I'm still on the fence with mine but never let it go. I also def bought during the hike with the new steel Rolex gmt.

Quote Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
    So, I bought my first one in December 2018, wore it a fair bit...and didn’t bond with it. Sold it in March 2019 and didn’t miss it.

But then, I began appreciating it more in absentia, and by June 2019, I started looking for another one in earnest. That proved to be a chore - at one point, I was in something like 10-12 ADs between Baltimore, DC, Virginia, Buffalo, several in Florida, a handful in Texas and Oregon, over a three week period, and couldn’t find a single one.

One of my favorite SAs and one of my favorite ADs, in Fort Myers, FL, texted me in late August 2019 and told me she had a guy flake on one and asked me whether I was interested. Picked it up and have been wearing the hell out of it since.

I also have a decent collection, but I missed a few aspects of the BB GMT. I like the fact the GMT is the only BB with bevels on the underside of the case to undercut the relative thickness of it. I daily a Sea-Dweller, so the thickness itself doesn’t bother me, and I tend to enjoy a watch with some heft. Between the bevels and the rounded caseback, the watch sits very comfortably on my wrist.

I enjoy the aluminum bezel insert, and am looking forward to seeing it age over time. The dial is pleasing and I like the snowflake hands. I think the watch is legible, and dig the date feature sans cyclops - also a feature I like on my Sea-Dwellers.

I know you said you dislike the rivet bracelet, but I don’t mind it at all. I was able to find a comfortable fit on the GMT with rivet bracelet, which I wasn’t able to get on the 79220r, back when I owned my first BB (which has since departed, along with my first 79220n).

It’s also a watch that flies relatively under the radar, compared to others, but with the GMT function and 200m water resistance, it’s one I’m good bringing on vacation. It’s also got a nice tool watch look that I find versatile and works with business casual dress to shorts and a tee, which puts it up top of the travel rotation as well.

Bottom line, I’m glad I picked one up after selling the first. Cool watch, works for me.
    MickCollins1916 likes this.

I have had mine since December of last year. So far I am happy with it.
    At the time my wife and I were on a Caribbean cruise and I was looking for a Breitling GMT but no one in the islands wanted to deal.
    They had BB GMT on the ship in their Duty Frees store. The best thing was I got it for the Duty Free price so I saved some money compared to buying it back home in the US.

Plano, Tx / Back from the sandbox for now...

I love mine, it suffered from the date issue, and had the movement replaced. I still love it, and it is my daily wearer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think its a very nice watch, aside from the date issue that keep recurring here and there, I’m pretty sure it should be a killer watch.

I had mine for a short period, there was one reason, it felt way to thick for me.

I got use to an Explorer II 16570 size, so switching to a Black Bay case was a little shocking for me.

I recently sold it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    ieatkows likes this.

I've owned mine a little over a year and not only do I love it but it rekindled a somewhat a waining passion, at the time, for watches. It's spot on accuracy, vintage vibe, and modern proportions are perfect for me.

You might be over thinking this. Rarely does my enthusiasm for a product fluctuate with such frequency. I know pretty quickly whether it's a keeper or not. And if I decide to buy, it usually is.
    dP
    Attached Images Attached Images

MickCollins1916 likes this.

I wonder if Rolex hands and GMT hand can be fitted. I know it can't be fitted straight on without something custom but damn I can't stand snowflake hands with circle hour markers... Why.. just can't get into the black bays because of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information