Downsizing 3 watch collection
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Downsizing 3 watch collection

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Downsizing 3 watch collection

Whatís up Watch Fam!

Before I start, I know this question and the responses are all relative to each person so just looking to get some opinions.

Iím looking to trade in my 3 watch collection for a 116610LN.

I currently have:

Tudor Black Bay Black ref 79220N
    Tudor Pelagos Black ref 25500
    Rolex Explorer ref 214270

Due to current pricing, it looks like I can evenly trade all these in for the Sub.

I love the three I have, all with their own uniqueness. Having three watches gives me time to appreciate them all at different times. The Explorer gets the most wrist time while at work. The other two I wear for the pool and outdoor activities. Itís nice to be able to have the selection of three very different watches. I have built this little collection over the last 4 years. Always wanted a Sub but could never plop down the money all at once. Instead I have spent more then the cost of a sub in total, on the three watches, just spread out over time. Iím not worried about that as I have enjoyed them all and was never in it to make money. I understand I will be taking a loss but again, I purchased these all at different times and have enjoyed them.

I can see myself only having one watch. I have always loved the Sub so I donít think I would grow bored with just one watch everyday.

I cannot justify keeping them all, and adding the Sub to the collection. Itís just too much money to have tied up in watches, for me anyway.

Has anyone else considered this move and gone through with it?

Would love to hear your thoughts on why or why not this would be a good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Downsizing 3 watch collection

I'll trade you all 3 for my sub... Lol

Keep the explorer, it's a very good watch to dress up or down with. It's toolish enough for casual and formal enough for dress up.

The Tudor BB I'd get rid off if anything else cos the Pelagos and the Explorer can substitute the BB. I'll bet the BB is also the one you get the least wear.

If you can save for one, sell the 2 Tudors and keep the explorer. Save the difference and get the Sub.
    Last edited by Grimlock_1; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:04.
    Stirling Moss likes this.

I would keep it that way. A sub is a watch that you want to own, but trust me, after buying and selling it for 4 times!!! I never kept it. Only watch I kept in my collections that never left were datejusts and daydates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    mui.richard likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you want the Sub, and you need to sell all three to do it... go ahead. You can always trade out from the Sub at a later time and likely not lose any/much money. The same could be said about the Explorer. As for the Tudors time will tell, but I wouldnít bet on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Surly Troll and ahonobaka like this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3573.50
    Rolex Explorer II 42 216570 Polar

If the sub is the one you want, then the sub is the one to get.

I did the same. I sold several watches to help fund buying the sub at retail at my AD. Sometimes I think about buying the watches that I sold again but I wanted to downsize and consolidate. And when I think about it further I know that those watches ďwent intoĒ my sub.

So get it if thatís what you want and donít look back. Onwards and upwards.

Rolex Submariner Date | Omega Speedmaster Professional | Seiko SKX009 | G-Shock GW-5000

IG: davidswatch

Firstly, have you even tried on the 116610LN? It might wear badly on you. Not easy in the current climate, but see if try it on.

Going down from 3 to 1 is something I'm currently toiling with too. I like the idea of it, but whether it happens is another thing entirely

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thesurreywatchguy/

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial, Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall", Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Somehow the Sub never did anything for me and I think to some people, myself included, the Sub is more hype than substance.

The only Submariner I ever had in my collection was a 5513. But the simple fact that it's an old vintage watch prevented me from actually enjoy really wearing it (read banging it about).

That said, since this thread is about you, my opinion would be to get rid of the two Tudors and save up for the Sub. I think the Explorer and the Sub would make an awesome pair if you like the Sub.

Me? I went with this pair and never looked back.

Let your current wrist time of your pieces decide mate,
    If it were me though I too would retain your explorer and top up the balance for your sub purchase.
    Good luck with your decision.
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    mui.richard likes this.

If you have no financial or emotional ties to the existing 3, and clearly have desired the sub for many years (and I assume have tried it on many times), then go ahead with the swap, I think you will be happy.

I totally get the one watch philosophy and it can work when you simply love the watch you have, despite wanting / lusting after a new watch every other week or so I simply cannot justify another expensive watch as it would mean less wrist time to my exp 1, and I am more than happy :)

Explorer should probably stay. Basically 2 watch combo with Sub that covers most bases.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information