Explorer 2

Thread: Explorer 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Explorer 2

I was wondering if anyone knows what the position is with buying a polar explorer 2 from an ad? Is it a waiting list? Can you get a discount on the watch etc. I have emailed a couple of ad but no one is getting back to me. Online area of the business and not just the stores as I know they will be shut for now.

Thanks for any advice given

Re: Explorer 2

anything sport rolex is wait list as far as im aware - probably slightly more likely to get an explorer 2 than a GMT, but last couple of times ive been into local AD's have pretty much been told to naff off if i havent got purchase history with them, that was asking around a standard date sub, i wouldnt have thought explorer 2 would be much different tbh.

There are some good deals around used at the mo - can get a nearly new one at a bit under list!

Thanks for the reply. Thought it would be the case. I have purchase history with one of the ad I have emailed. Not rolex but bought engagment ring and omega so hopefully they will allow me to go on the list hahahah it's crazy with rolex the now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Thought it would be the case. I have purchase history with one of the ad I have emailed. Not rolex but bought engagment ring and omega so hopefully they will allow me to go on the list hahahah it's crazy with rolex the now.
    no probs - who knows the way things are going you might be able to get onto some sort of online wait list before we know it!

I'd imagine there is a wait list for most of the Rolex range. It will vary depending on where you are and model you are looking for. I had a two month wait for my DJ41 here in the UK, but I think I was lucky. Obviously the situation of the world right now wont make purchasing any easier.

Just got a reply from an ad and offered too go on wait list for around 6 months. Said I was pretty much guaranteed one then.

They were also kind enough to give me a price £800 above retail for the privilege hahahaha To be fair on them, not sure if Rolex have put there yearly price hike in recently?

I'm not bashing Rolex with the yearly increase as Omega etc do the same. Since I bought my PO its went up over £500 in a year and a half.

If I can survive being locked in the house for 3 months and also live through this crazy situation I'm getting myself a Rolex, Life is too short.

Just got a reply from an ad and offered too go on wait list for around 6 months. Said I was pretty much guaranteed one then.

They were also kind enough to give me a price £800 above retail for the privilege hahahaha To be fair on them, not sure if Rolex have put there yearly price hike in recently?

I'm not bashing Rolex with the yearly increase as Omega etc do the same. Since I bought my PO its went up over £500 in a year and a half.

If I can survive being locked in the house for 3 months and also live through this crazy situation I'm getting myself a Rolex, Life is too short.
    Above retail from an AD? That doesn't sound legit.
    Is it time for another coffee?

Yes I thought the same and emailed back asking if it was normal for them to quote £800 above retail. Just got a reply saying sorry and it was a mistake in their response.

Not sure if Rolex have put their prices up this year or not? But if not then maybe that's going to be the new price sooner rather than later. Or maybe im just going crazy in the house and reading to much into a simple error hahahaha

I really hope not as close to £7,300 is expensive for the watch. Would prob rather get a white dial seamaster and a Sinn Frankfurt and have some change.

Yes I thought the same and emailed back asking if it was normal for them to quote £800 above retail. Just got a reply saying sorry and it was a mistake in their response.

Not sure if Rolex have put their prices up this year or not? But if not then maybe that's going to be the new price sooner rather than later. Or maybe im just going crazy in the house and reading to much into a simple error hahahaha

I really hope not as close to £7,300 is expensive for the watch. Would prob rather get a white dial seamaster and a Sinn Frankfurt and have some change.
    Yes, there was a price increase a few months ago. It wasn't the same percentage everywhere and I can't remember what it was in the UK.
    Is it time for another coffee?

You wont get much sense via email from an AD. They all get hammered with emails about Rolex sport models so they unofficially ignore them. Did you get a standard email telling you theyll put you on a register of interest? The only way youll get a proper price and actually be able to get the watch is to visit your AD when they reopen. Ideally the one you have history with or you may get treated like a time waster as thats what 90% of their rolex enquires tend to be sadly. I got mine as the person one ahead of me on the list wanted them to hold off for a bit as he had just bought a new kitchen etc. This happens a lot with waiting list items as the call can come out of the blue and many dont have funds to hand so they get labelled as time wasters. ADs should only be selling the watch at the rrp price which I think is around £6800 in the uk (im too lazy to look on their site). If theyre asking for more challenge them on it. They should back down. The virus issue may have an effect on availability and it may be beneficial to buyers but it could easily go the other way. IF theyre refreshing the EXP next year, the recent shut down may have halted the production of the EXP completely. We'll never know so if you get offered one, buy it! Best of luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information