WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Family Photo - Steel Sport Rolex

1K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  LINVS 
#1 ·
Hi folks, and happy holiday to those in the USA.
Out of boredom, we finally lined up a group shot.
I bought the watches on the top row and never wore them, so I gave them to my kid.
(The Daytona and GMT just aren't "me". They look better on my son and the Ex-I was a spare)
PS: I gave my OLD Rolex watches to my daughters, but they aren't on-site to participate; nor is my wife at the moment with hers.

To me, 3 to 4 Rolex Automatic Watches are MORE than plenty....
BUT!
The ONLY watch I want is a Day-Date-40 or a Two-Tone-DJ-41. b-)

TOP-ROW - Son
BOTTOM-ROW - Dad

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought the watches on the top row and never wore them, so I gave them to my kid.
(The Daytona and GMT just aren't "me". They look better on my son and the Ex-I was a spare)
PS: I gave my OLD Rolex watches to my daughters, but they aren't on-site to participate; nor is my wife at the moment with hers.

BUT!

TOP-ROW - Son
BOTTOM-ROW - Dad

View attachment 14439599
Very generous dad as well as extremely nice collection for both father and son. My only input would be to go with a DD40 over a TT DJ41. Maybe one similar to the DD bought not too long ago by @Jason71 although his was a DD36 rather than a DD40. Maybe Jason will see this thread and post a picture of his DD36.

#6 ·

BUT!

TOP-ROW - Son
BOTTOM-ROW - Dad

View attachment 14439599
I've always thought you had the best SS Rolex collection on wus.

#9 ·
Nah....my kids are all in their 30’s....
5 years ago my daughters actually wanted my OLD Submariner and Explorer-II.....the ones so many people frenzy around.
They wanted these watches because they were mine (they said).....so I gave them to the girls.
Remember, these are only watches after all.
I look at them as keepsake trinkets; and my kids do to pretty much.

#12 ·
They're for sure nice watches....but I don't like the GMT nor Daytona more than the watches in the bottom row.
I'm also at a point in my life where I put less value on possessions....at least less than I used to.

(Now let me go...there's some stereo gear I'm obsessing over, but it's conflicting with planning my next fishing trip :-d )

#22 ·
I sold a NIB DD36 back in ‘91, it didn’t suit me as a 27yr old. Really wish I’d kept it now as I’d love a DayDate so my vote is YG DD 36, champagne dial, can’t get any more classic. Whenever I hear the name Rolex my mind flashes up pics of either a DD or a Sub’ !

#23 ·
You're a very generous Man, giving those lovely watches away. Your kids are very lucky. :-!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.